Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Computer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone got any recomendations (sp?) as to where is a good place to buy a new pc? I know of places i just wanted to know if anyone can recomend someone?

Cheers
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Best thing to do is build your own but if you wanna buy then go with Dell, or maybe a local store with a good rep..

Stay WELL AWAY from Pcworld.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    Best thing to do is build your own but if you wanna buy then go with Dell, or maybe a local store with a good rep..

Stay WELL AWAY from Pcworld.

Thats the thing, i could build my own i know how but i dont know what goes with what!?! I don't know what won't work with what if that makes sense.

PC World - thats a swear word where i come from! :eek: :D
  • Options
    Dell is very good, so is Gateway.

PC World, Tiny/Time and most High Street computer shops are best avoided. You'll save dosh by buying direct from the manufacturer.

And I'd be wary of building your own if you are not 100% confident about your IT skills if it stops working :eek:
  • Options
    You can get your own built, without you There's a few places here that take your specifications, then build the computer for you. I'm sure there'll be a few similar type places where you are. I got mine built to my specifications, and it was pretty cheap.
  • Options
    Try these people, they did a great job for me. They offer custom configurations, 3 year warranty and next day delivery...

www.multivision.co.uk

I've also just read that your warranty will still be valid even if you later decide to undo the case and upgrade the system!

:D
  • Options
    Thanks peeps, shall have a look.:)