Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ruth Kelly to step down

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7632778.stm

They say an image is worth a thousand words, so...

12721354.jpg
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Frankly this is a bit of a non-story, she is by most accounts leaving office for personal reasons (is this a first?).

She wasnt one of the more offensive members of the cabinet, if it was Caroline Flint or John Reid I would definitely be celebrating.
    budda wrote: »
    She wasnt one of the more offensive members of the cabinet, if it was Caroline Flint or John Reid I would definitely be celebrating.
    Well except her views on abortion, which are less than enlightened.

Get rid of Anne Widdecombe as well, and they'll have managed to remove all of the voices that irritate me in politics too. :p
    Well except her views on abortion, which are less than enlightened.

Get rid of Anne Widdecombe as well, and they'll have managed to remove all of the voices that irritate me in politics too. :p

Fair enough, although her views on that are far from my own I knew she wasnt going to actually do anything about it.

I rather liked her voice, it had great comedy potential, the Boy Wonder I think she was referred to at one point which seemed to fit nicely.
    We are told she is quitting for "personal reasons". Frankly, I don't believe this version of events. Politicians generally do not leave office to spend more time with their families - there's more to this than meets the eye. Still, the reasons for her decision are largely irrelevant in the wider picture. Everyone is going to interpret this for their own reasons. Either way, the rats on the sinking ship which Ruth Kelly is jumping from aren't going to stop fighting.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Thank god for that - the stupid bint has clearly shown she has not the first idea about transport issues!
    isn't she a member of opus dei?
    Yes. IMO, membership of a dangerous fundamentalist cult with a history of brainwashing and abuse should be just as incompatible with sitting in government as an affiliation can be.
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Yes. IMO, membership of a dangerous fundamentalist cult with a history of brainwashing and abuse....
    But that's enough about the Labour Party. :p
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    But that's enough about the Labour Party. :p
    :D :thumb: