Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Maldives

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
We're leaving on holiday to the Maldives on Wednesday evening and the hotel we're staying at is on its own island (i think they all are but im not sure). I've been wondering what there is to do there apart from the obvious beach/water sports/relaxing type stuff, because i know i'm going to get bored seeing as the water sports i can do are very limited with being pregnant etc.

Also is it worth visiting the main island or shouldn't i waste my time?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Do you know the name of the island you are going to?

4 years ago we went to a gorgeous island called Thudufushi (not sure if it is still around as the water was eroding the island every day!).

It kind of depends how big your island is, ours was tiny, it took 8 minutes in total to walk around and as much as that was a novelty, by the end of the two weeks we were very ready to leave.

Hopefully your island is a bit bigger and there is a little more to do, however beach and water do pretty much encompass most of the activities. They should do some quite good excursions like fishing trips (if you are interested) and they often do trips to surrounding islands but you may find this is just more sea and sand!

When you mean main island do you mean Male? We were only there for our transfer to Thudufushi so wouldn't be able to help there.

I would say take lots of good books and prepare yourself for some heavy duty relaxing.

There is no doubt that it was one of the most beautiful places we have ever been to, I hope you have a lovely time :)
  • Options
    The hotel we are staying at is on three tiny little private islands, so i'm guessing the one we're staying at will be around the same size as yours. I guess i'll look into spa treatments and cookery classes which i think the hotel offer.

As for the main island, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mal%C3%A9 i found this on wiki and also that the hotel offers daytrips to male so i'm not sure, this whole thing confuses me.
  • Options
    How was it? :)