Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Anyone awake? need help please!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need to verify my ebay account so I can sell something quick, but I don't have a landline. Could anyone take the call from ebay for me? It would help me out tons!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Was about to head to bed, but can stay for 5 minutes. Do I need to pretend I'm you? :D
    I'm not sure, have never done it before! i'll pm you :)
    You can't sign up to eBay and become an active member overnight. eBay will deposit two random figures (less than £1.00) into your bank account. When that clears, you then check your statement to see how much they were. Enter each figure in pence to complete validation.

I didn't know that landline was mandatory. Whichever way, I've never had a phonecall off eBay. Just imagine how many people they'd had to phone if they were to phone up each and every member!
    Monserrat wrote: »
    You can't sign up to eBay and become an active member overnight. eBay will deposit two random figures (less than £1.00) into your bank account. When that clears, you then check your statement to see how much they were. Enter each figure in pence to complete validation.

I didn't know that landline was mandatory. Whichever way, I've never had a phonecall off eBay. Just imagine how many people they'd had to phone if they were to phone up each and every member!

That's paypal as far as I remember...
    Monserrat wrote: »

Me neither? I've never had a landline. That's very weird. It would be stupid for them to ask to ring a landline because they know fine well that a lot of people don't have them
    I thought that calling you on a landline was only one of the options out of a couple, anyway if they ring, isn't it only to give you some code or something.
    GoodFella wrote: »
    I thought that calling you on a landline was only one of the options out of a couple, anyway if they ring, isn't it only to give you some code or something.

:yes:
    My ebay and paypal accounts are from the dawn of time and have never been verified, which is nice because I don't want my paypal account tied to a bank account.
    @ Shyboy - My bad! It was 2001 when I signed up to eBay/Paypal, so I got them mixed up. Plus the fact that they are now the same company.

@ Kangoo - Bang on target there, with landline vs mobile-only. I'm one who falls in the latter category too. Mobile (phone) + cable (internet), so I don't have to pay line rental.
    Dunno but whenever I clicked on 'choose a different verification method' it wouldn't let me do anything but the phone thing. My paypal is all verified. Anyway it's all sorted now!