Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Mixing cold remedies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been stupid and taken a table spoon full of day nurse and then swallowed 2 beechams tablets. Then it said on the beechams box not to take with any other cold/decongestants. Is this dangerous? I'm feeling drowsy or is it just to cover their backs?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Personally I would'nt worry, but I have no medical knowledge to back that up :p
    I've also been taking day nurse throughout the day (only spoonfulls though not out of the plastic cup thing) and haven't eaten much either :nervous:
    Day nurse:
    Each 30 ml dose contains Paracetamol 1000mg, pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 60mg and pholcodine 10mg as the active ingredients.

Each Beechams All-in-One Tablet contains: paracetamol 250 mg, guaifenesin 100 mg and phenylephrine hydrochloride 5 mg.

1250 mg of paracetamol shouldn't hurt you. Just don't drink any alcohol.
    ^^^ and try not to take anymore.

If you have to take some today just stick to one cold remedie and try not to mix them.

Not to scare you as this is an exteme case but I helped to look after a patient on ITU who overdosed (by accident) on cold and flu remidies. Their family members kept buying her different tablets to take and she pretty juch took them all throughout the day and night to get rid of her cold and she was found unconcious :( :no:
    All it did was knock me out but i woke up at 1.30 and have been awake since :(
    Mixing cold remedies is bad because of the paracetamol in them, but you were only just over the daily dose of paracetamol so will be fine, just don't do it again!
    the decongestants can make you drowsy