Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

first time buying, dont know where to choose?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so im doing my knowledge at the mo, hopefully wont be too long before i get my badge, im looking to get a mortgage soon, obviously being a london cabbie i cant be too far away from london, but dont mind a bit of a drive...

So im in search of a area just outside of london where is nice to live, but not to quiet???

Anyone know any suggestions?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    seaweed wrote: »
    so im doing my knowledge at the mo, hopefully wont be too long before i get my badge, im looking to get a mortgage soon, obviously being a london cabbie i cant be too far away from london, but dont mind a bit of a drive...

So im in search of a area just outside of london where is nice to live, but not to quiet???

Anyone know any suggestions?

Don't even think about buying a house for at least the next few months mate. Things are going to be a mess for quite a long time.
    Exactly. 2006 and you were OK. Don't touch 2008 with a barge pole. Wait until the rates are back below 6%.
    alright cheers guys... :)
    Buying a house is not a good option at the moment, save your money for a while and you will be better in the long run
    thats no problem for me, im council at the mo so im on cheap rent as opposed to private, mi can bide my time, i dont mind waiting two or three years if i have to! :)