Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Good thing.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
or bad thing ?

Went to see a trickcyclist yesterday, first one for some time and she says i've been misdiagnosed as bi-polar and that infact i have a 'severe personality disorder' ! though the symptoms can be similar.

So is that good or bad as i have no idea what a 'severe personality disorder' is apart from the fact i may well have one :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Multiple_Personality_Disorder-_080519_mn.jpg

Which one?

There are 10 recognised forms of personality disorder and only one of these - severe anti-social personality disorder - is linked to increased levels of violence. These are some of the most common types:

Paranoid personality disorder - when someone is excessively suspicious of other people.

Schizoid personality disorder - when someone is extremely withdrawn and is not interested in friendships or in social relationships.

Avoidant personality disorder - when someone is excessively self-conscious, afraid of being challenged, criticised or rejected.

Obsessive compulsive disorder - when someone is obsessed with orderliness and control, often in work and in relationships. Sometimes people with psychotic conditions will have obsessions or compulsions.

Borderline personality disorder - is associated with the inability to maintain personal relationships, unstable moods and emotions. People with a borderline personality disorder may appear overly argumentative, sarcastic and be quick to take offence while hating being alone.

Anti-social personality disorder, or psychopathic disorder - when someone is extremely selfish, impulsive, insensitive to other people?s feelings and feels no guilt or shame about actions which harm others.
    what makes them say that?

If its an accurate diagnosis then its a good thing that theyve got it right, but personality disorder is a pretty all encompassing term. What the hell does it mean to you? What sort of personality disorder???

After everything youve been through it would be a miracle if youd come through unscathed.

How do you feel about what she said?
    Multiple_Personality_Disorder-_080519_mn.jpg

not the same thing
    I like that pic :)

I dunno. Bit of everything really. I'm the Woolies pic 'n' mix of mental disorder(s) :D

I do get very withdrawn, argumentative, agressive (which i really hate, and may well come a cropper with it one day), not that i go up to complete strangers and smack em one, but if something happens (like say someone pushing in the queue im in) i'll really lose it. I like being on my own, but then crave company. I get a bit paranoid, and sometimes delusional ( remember the sniper in the garden when i was making a coffee :) )

It's all so confusing, and i'm begining to wish i never went and saw her as i was pretty content (quite fucked up but happy) with the way my life was/is. I only went because people (doc, leigh, Rose next door) coz i'm in a pretty downward spiral at the mo and not taking my HIV mediation which is making me ill blah blah don't go there ;) Though today's been good. Leigh's b'day on Sat so ordered him a massive 'Autumnal' boquet with dired leaves, flowers, twiggly bits and thos chinese lanterns (Physalis i think) and one of those boxes full of enourmous, hellium filled baloons.

All very weird.
    hugs05.jpg
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i have nothing constructive to say, but I want to offer you a big bear hug too.

You know where I am if you ever want to warble...

xx