Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

i dont know what tae say or do now

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i was just down seeing a few friends on the weekend and we where all drinking and when im drunk i become a huge flirt. but then my friends were drunk before me so when it actually hit me i was out my face and they had sobered up.

my friend(lily) was going in and she said i could stay at hers but i couldnt go back to hers drunk and i dint know if i could get a lift back home so my other friend(kelly) said i could go to hers but i wasnt having any of it .. and it was starting to get serious with her shouting et me. then this boy(dan) who my friend(lily) fancies said i could go to his but only cause he had a free house and loads of other people where going to be there.

soo she decided she was going in and i was like well im going to his house .. but i didnt fancy this boy i sware to god and i kept telling her that and not to worry bout it. i can understand now but i was drunk at the point. but i was soo drunk i didnt know what i was actually saying to kelly and i was calling her a dickhead and to fuck off and stuff ..

soo the next day i was on msn to her and i told her i was sorry and kept saying it and now shes fine with me its just that lily is in a pissy with me now cause her and kelly are best friends and she is like im not gonni let you tell her to fuck off and fuck us off for boys only cause your drunk .. iv told her im sorry but i dont really know what else to say to her now .. shes not talking to me at all and she says she dunsnt want to fall out

But theres a party on this weekend and she is going to be there and i cant just ignore it really can i ?? and there is another girl there who hasnt even met me before and she dunst like me and her and lily are really good friend so its going to be really akward between us all .. soo i dont know whether to go and i dont know what to say to lily :confused: ..

please any advice would help cause i really dont want to mess it up here
thanks and its appreciated -ox.'

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i dont know what tae say or do now

Hi Remorria - welcome to the boards! :wave:

Its always difficult when you've had too much to drink and said some things you shouldn't have, to make up for that. Particularly when you can't quite remember what exactly was said.

Try to put yourself in your friend's shoes. Change it so that lily was so drunk she was shouting insults at you - its then understandable why she might be angry. What would you want lily to do to make it up to you? I suspect a sincere and sober apology in person would go further than you might think.

It also might be an idea to show how sorry you are by going to the party and either not drinking or only drinking a couple spaced throughout the evening. That way you'll stay in control, know where you are and what you've said and your friends see that you've made an effort to show them you're sorry.

Sometimes people take offence and it takes a while for them to get over it but if you've said you're sorry and been up front about not knowing exactly what you've said or done then sometimes backing off and letting them cool off and come back to you is the only thing you can do.

Perhaps make arrangements that you could call someone for a lift and leave the party early? That way you've got an escape route if its too awkward and you get to see your friends and say sorry without having to stay all night long?

Good luck with it all and maybe next time drink only as much as you're still having fun! Drinking so much you don't remember what you've done is risky and causes problems! Lecture over I promise! :D

Let us know how you get on!

Lisa
    :)