Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Tattoo Aftercare?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, so I just got another tattoo done a couple of hours ago, on my inner forearm. The artist said that I should keep it covered until the morning, wash it, apply the cream and then cover it back up. And to do this for at least 3/4 days.

With my last tattoo I had to uncover it after about an hour, and keep it uncovered. And all the aftercare stuff I read says to do that, and not to recover it.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    With all of mine, I kept them covered for an hour or two, washed it then put cream on, then just applied cream 3/4 times a day (whenever it got too dry) and thats it. I didn't cover them up again, I was always told not to.
    I've never had a tattoo but my boyfriend has four and I'm fairly sure for his last one he only had to keep it covered up for a short while after it was done...I definitely don't remember him re-covering it himself.

Incidentally he swears by a product called Tattoo Goo which I think you can currently only order in from the States. He seems to think it's really good so might be worth checking out :thumb:
    i would uncover it. I was told to keep mine covered for a few days and it went all blotchy where it didnt dry properly. Doesnt look too bad unless you look close but i wouldnt cover up another one
    Thanks for the replies guys, it's been really helpful.

I think I'll just take the bandage off and keep it off, just do what I did with my last tattoo. Hopefully it should be fine!