Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dublin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Going to Dublin for New Years, wooo!

Just me and my best buddy, just for a couple of nights. So where should we go? What should we do? What should we see? And most importantly, what should we do for NYE?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'm planning to do this too! So I will be very glad of any answers to those questions as well :D
  • Options
    Oooh where are you staying?
  • Options
    Oh I'm not sure yet, we stayed there last weekend in a hostel on Marlborough Street though - it was very central, cheap and cheerful (we were in a dorm for 8 people). One of the blokes behind reception was a moody sod though and not helpful at all - OK so we checked in at about 3am after a night out on the lash, but it's a 24 hour reception and we'd told them we'd be coming at that time when we booked so he should have been expecting it to be honest. As a cheap convenient place to stay though it was OK.
  • Options
    We're staying at Bridge House on Temple Bar...I can't wait. We went on holiday last week and met loadsa Irish guys, you could say it inspired us!
  • Options
    Ha! Much as I love my man, I do wish I'd gone there with my best mate when I was single. There were SO many fit blokes around...*sigh* And of course the city and culture is great too :blush:
  • Options
    star* wrote: »
    We're staying at Bridge House on Temple Bar...I can't wait. We went on holiday last week and met loadsa Irish guys, you could say it inspired us!

Well that's where most of the bars and clubs are for your nightlife.

Other than that you can go see some sites like the GPO where the Easter Rising took place, look at the spire, visit Trinity College and look at the Book of Kells. Lots of silly stupid stuff tourists do, I only ever go to Dublin to get pissed and the nightlife is really good.

Most stuff is within walking distance of each other and there is a fairly good trasport system in operation if you need to take the tram/bus.
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Ha! Much as I love my man, I do wish I'd gone there with my best mate when I was single. There were SO many fit blokes around...*sigh* And of course the city and culture is great too :blush:

Yeah baby!

Yerascrote; thanks dude...we were thinking we'll just head to a lively looking pub for NYE...but were worried that we'd need to buy tickets in advance :chin: