Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Cant Get Pregnant !! What can Doctor do??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been trying for a baby for a couple of years now with no luck at all. I have deiciced it is time to visit the doctor but what will he do ?? Has anyone else been about this if so what did they give you or advice you to do???

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    he may check you to see if youre actually ovulating or not. If youre not, they can give you a course of tablets to try and stimulate it. They may also want to check your partners sperm count
    As SCC has said, one of the first test they will do is to check if you are ovulating. They do this with blood tests or ultrasounds both done on specific days in your cycle. If you are they will do more tests, usually blood tests and ultrasounds, the tests are pretty non-invasive but its annoying that you have to wait to start your next cycle to do a lot of the tests.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you need a chat
    Today I visited my doctor who was so so unhelpful and said just give it another year!!!! What goods this to me??? Esp as My mum needed IVF to have children!!
    i would consider changing doctor and explaining about your family history
    I did do.... The silly doctor even got his dictionary out to work out what to say!!!!
    you changed doctor?
    I would definately say change doctors if you haven't already. Usually if you have been trying for two years it is about now that they would begin to do a bit of investigation.

Good luck.

Splodgey