Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Drugs - as popular as you think?

Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
Hello,

I'm writing a feature about the popularity (or otherwise) of drugs.

It'd really benefit from some quotes about the issue.

So, if you'd be happy to have your considered thoughts published, I could really do with you answering these couple of questions:

* How popular do you think drug usage is in the UK?
* Do you think drugs usage is on the increase or decrease over the last few years?

And any other comments you've got about drug usage.

Please drop me a private message with your thoughts. You don't have to give your name, but a firstname/nickname would be useful as would an age and a location (city/county sort of thing). Obviously if you do send me anything, I'm assuming you are consenting it to being used in the article and published on the web.

Cheers,

Olly
Editorial Manager, TheSite.org

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It depends entirely on what you mean by drug use, personally I dont see it as a very useful term, its too broad. Do you mean the odd pint down the pub, the occasional joint, or mainlined snowballs?
  • Options
    Yes indeedy.
    Which kind of drug use ...where ...and by whom?
    Cannabis for instance seems to be most popular these days with the middle aged.
    Heroin abuse i believe to be going down ...but not in Glasgow or Manchester.
    Cocaine abuse is difficult to discuss cos a large percentage of it isn't cocaine anyway and that which is ...is cut to hell with all manner of rubbish or ...a bit of good quality amphet.

Drink problems are obviously far greater in scope and personal and social damage than any other drug at the moment ...the death rate from baccy outstrips everything ...
    So ...whadaya want to know?
  • Options
    Not sure if it's relevant, but the mixmag magazine surveys are quite a good source for info on the drug-taking habits of young people.