Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lymph Nodes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Back in May I found some lumps on my head, neck, behind ears. Went to Dr who said it was inflamed glands. This got worse, went back and found that I had tonsillitis. After a course of painkillers and antibiotics, things went back to normal. Then last month I found the lumps were back so went to the Dr again, this time it was pharyngitis. More antibiotics, went back to normal other than me feeling tired all the time for no apparent reason. Now the lumps are back again, thought I was imagining it but my mum felt my neck and it's really swollen and tender. I know I should go to my GP but I'm about to go to uni and have been spending my time trying to sort out stuff for that and to be honest I'm dreading what they'll say because the last thing I want is more antibiotics just when I start Fresher's week.

Anyone got any ideas what might be causing this?

Comments

• Options
    maybe..glandular fever?
    as for freshers week, people tend to get ill around that time anyway because of being around so many people. so you won't be alone. i reckon you should concentrate on your health first though. go to the doctor, if he/she cannot figure out what it is then ask to be referred to ear,nose and throat people at hospital.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice....went GP this morning to be told it was viral and all I could do was take paracetamol and lozenges.