Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Drugs and derealisation

PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
This new true story is the downside to taking drugs, as Stewart found out...

Drugs and derealisation

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This happened to me in my teenage years, and is by no stretch and uncommon occurrence - although in my situation there was family history with anxiety and panic - I wonder if there was any in this case?
  • Options
    This is indeed a risk with any sort of hallucinogen, and I in no way want to down play the suffering that drugs cause to some people. But the tone and reference to 'extra strong' forms of cannabis are not helpful. There is no real evidence that cannabis on the market has gotten any stronger, and even if it has whether that has led to more problems isnt proven.

I dont want to sound like I am defending drugs here, because I am not, they come with a wide mix of possible side effects and personal stories of this nature are useful, but only as part of a wider education programme - scare stories have been proven time and again not to work.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    There is no real evidence that cannabis on the market has gotten any stronger, and even if it has whether that has led to more problems isnt proven.

Don't know about that. I think most would agree that as hydroponic growing has become more and more prominent over the years, a lot of the weed available has become stronger.
  • Options
    z0ma wrote: »
    Don't know about that. I think most would agree that as hydroponic growing has become more and more prominent over the years, a lot of the weed available has become stronger.

It's stronger than growing it on the window sill.
    A bit stronger than glass house grass but still no where near as strong as the resins that used to be available.
    The government report handed to G Brown in his quest to upgrade cannabis contained the information that psycosis in young people was at it's lowest level in twenty years.
  • Options
    Drug's are cruel to some and not to others
  • Options
    Lucid-Life wrote: »
    Drug's are cruel to some and not to others

Life is cruel to some and not others, what is your point?
  • Options
    Never got derealization though after I got hppd and was still smoking weed I got intermittant bouts of depersonalization, thought it was pretty cool at the time but it only last a few minutes. To have something like that last for over a year would be headwrecking!
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Life is cruel to some and not others, what is your point?

Yes life is cruel to some and not to others. My point is I've seen the average joe drug user become completely ruined whereas I've also seen people who have used drugs for over 20 years without any problems.
  • Options
    i've felt like that on DXM (300-600mg). it's dirty shit.

makes you think twice about smoking bud as well......