Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tesco Maket Value

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I saw this when i was in tesco yesterday. It was veggies in the tesco value packagaing (blue and red etc) but it was called market value (or market price or something like that). They were more expensive than the normal stuff though! Eg. market value carrots are £1 for 1kg, but tesco normal carrots are 45p for 500g! And looked much nicer. WTF?! Anyone else seen this madness?!

They've also introduced value buetternut squashes for 67p each. They're smaller than usual. I spent ages weighing them all but they were all the same weight :( People were looking after a while

Comments

• Options
    Yeah they had market value plums in tesco value packaging. It's probably a sneaky attempt to get more money in the hope that people will just see the value colours and buy it anyway, without realising that it's more expensive. Tesco have always been quite underhand with their packaging, I remember a few years ago they were taken to court by one of the coffee companies (I think it was Nescafe) because Tesco had made their jars and labels almost identical to those of Nescafe and then put them right next to them on the shelf to trick customers.
  • Options
    Yeah they had market value plums in tesco value packaging. It's probably a sneaky attempt to get more money in the hope that people will just see the value colours and buy it anyway, without realising that it's more expensive. Tesco have always been quite underhand with their packaging, I remember a few years ago they were taken to court by one of the coffee companies (I think it was Nescafe) because Tesco had made their jars and labels almost identical to those of Nescafe and then put them right next to them on the shelf to trick customers.

LOL that's hilarious.

Yeah its a blatant attempt to con people by using the value packaging. I was sooooooooo not taken in. I always check the prices anyway because you can often get better quality stuff for just a few pence more than the value. Or a few pence less in this case!

Eejits
  • Options
    I got some plums from them recently which I think were Market Value, although they werent pricey, 75p I think for the bag, less than a pound anyway for a dozen or so. Seemed like a good deal at the time except they had been picked far too early, never rippened properly and had to be thrown out.