Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Back to uni?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Woohoo!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I just inquired about finishing my BS degree through distance learning last week and the head honcho of my department approved me starting already this semester by taking two courses. :eek: I was planning to take it easy this fall, haha. I can't chill. :p

If I go through with it this will be quite a different experience than before I quit because I'm in full time employment and doing distance learning rather than living in the middle of nowhere on campus where all I could do was drink and do piracy.

Is anybody else here doing something similar? I'm pretty nervous about the prospect of needing to organise myself during my free time and not being surrounded by people doing the same program. I used to procrastinate a lot although I like to think I've improved.........
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Oooh, good luck with it and good on for you trying to finish it.

It'll take a lot of motivation, but with a bit of drive and self bribery sure you can do it! Could try something like timetabling yourself evenings for studying and evenings for play.
  • Options
    Thanks. I really can't stand the thought of it being there unfinished. I don't enjoy telling people 'yeah I quit uni...' ;)

I've been waiting to do this pretty much since I quit and thought a lot about where I can find time to study. I'm a shift worker so I don't even need to sacrifice my evenings unless I want to so I am sure this will work out provided I stay focused and organise myself.

I'm excited. :D Even if I need to start with a marketing research course. :sour:
  • Options
    I always found that working and studying focused me to work more as i had to organise my time better and thus had less time for procrastinating.

Good luck
    xx
  • Options
    Yeah, I have worked alongside school and it does make time more precious. I'm actually fairly lucky because I can study while at work, it's mandatory for me to take breaks during my working day so I could get my reading done there. :) I enjoy getting paid to study. :thumb:

If all works out I will be starting 30th September.