Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sports Shoes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
One thing I've found is that with various sports and outdoor activities your choice of footwear can totally change your performance and enjoyment.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a particular shoe? I just bought these and they seem excellent for hiking and hopefully walking in winter when the ground is a bit icey.

http://www.trespass.co.uk/PageProducer.aspx?Template=ProductDetail&Category=Footwear&Type=Mens%20Shoes&Product=MAFOTNC30001

ps_orkan.jpg
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    DG wrote: »
    One thing I've found is that with various sports and outdoor activities your choice of footwear can totally change your performance and enjoyment.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a particular shoe? I just bought these and they seem excellent for hiking and hopefully walking in winter when the ground is a bit icey.

http://www.trespass.co.uk/PageProducer.aspx?Template=ProductDetail&Category=Footwear&Type=Mens%20Shoes&Product=MAFOTNC30001

ps_orkan.jpg

and that's exactly it. Each shoe or trainer will provide you with a different key benefit so if you buy hiking boots they provide you a different level of support and comfort than say a running shoe or flat soled walking trainer.

Running shoes provide thick solid rubber soles for protection to absord impact as you run, something you wouldn't necessarily get with a hiking shoe.

What you've bought there will fit perfectly for you to walk around in and hike in. In fact on the positive side it has mesh which makes it more breathable for your feet whilst maintining a solid design to the shoe itself.

It's perfect for hiking or hill walking and so forth but it would be the completely wrong shoe to go out for a run in or use in the gym for example.

As for enhancing performance you can buy some seriously lightweight running shoes whilst at the other end of the scale you can buy some very heavy walking shoes and the reverse can also be true.

You say " Does anyone have any recommendations on a particular shoe " but it doesn't seem clear to me if you want a recommendation on a particular shoe say rlike a unning shoe or walking or hiking etc ?
    rachie007 wrote:
    OH swears by karrimor but I find them a bit tight around the toes. I picked up a pair of walking boots by peter storm (millets' own brand) and its the best cash I've ever spent - they're uber comfy and give great support.

If you're walking in winter your probably better off with a boot as they'll have more water proofing about them, also you'd benefit from the ankle support too

I've tried both the old style and new style of Karrimor boots we've had/got in and whilst I recommend them to customers I myself do not find them comfortable to wear. However their are a lot of people who come back time & again to buy them and whom swear by them so they obviously work.

What did you ever make of the stuff you got from Mountain Warehouse ? They recently opened a store round the corner from us ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    edn1 wrote: »
    It's perfect for hiking or hill walking and so forth but it would be the completely wrong shoe to go out for a run in or use in the gym for example.

I think that's kinda the point. Now it's your turn to recommend a shoe for another activity. I could recommend a good trainer for clubbing. That's about it.