Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Putting money into an ISA

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah that's what I do. I just write cheque from my Natwest cheque book and give it to the place where my ISA is.
    Depends on the ISA provider and your bank, some will let you manage them both online and some wont (especially if the two account are with spereate banks). You need to check with Halifax about how they accept money into ISA, but you should be able to do it in branch.
    Ive got my regular current account with Abbey and last week opened up an ISA, again with Abbey and set up my online banking. When everything comes through I will be able to transfer money between the two online. So I guess it does just depend on the bank. Unless something has gone wrong with your online banking, or your current account or your ISA which is preventing the transaction. May be worth popping in/ringing up to check!
    I've got 4 accounts with the same bank, including an ISA, so online isn't a problem to me. If your accounts are with different banks, then yes, as the others have said - write the dosh in at your branch.