Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dumpster finds..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My islanders throw away anything. They have no wish to restore even furniture. Once on the road to Vathis I stopped by a dumpster to see someone had thrown away a Regency chair. It was very similar to one mum had. I secured it in our truck and drove away.

A bit further on I saw a thick pine bedside table. Apart from some paint splattering on the top there wasn't anything wrong with it. I lugged it into the truck and off I went again. On my return home I noticed something silver. The sun was on it, so I went closer. It was an old Dulit toaster in stainless steel! I have since got it repaired and it’s working fine now. The repair cost was a tenner but Dualits refunded my postage which I thought was nice of them. The Regency chair I had a nice old guy in Chora to restore but the bedside cabinet I’ve simply sanded down and varnished it.

Everyone throws away stuff because they want new. I am amazed people can just throw away good stuff. Maybe I should start up a second hand store.

Comments