Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Moving to a new area in London

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys,

so the time has come for me to move on from the gloriousness that is Walworth. With recent shootings getting a little too close to home (though this isn't my main concern) and my will growing weak not to kill my flatmate's girlfriend (She moved everything around in my house, I moved it back, she had a go... she lives in Denmark, why does she get say in where the kettle is?) and the fact I'm now solely responsible for a huge council tax bill which I don't think justifies the area.... I'm off.

So with these things considered, would anybody be able to give me some tips of which area to move to. There are many I have looked at but personal experience is what I'm aiming for.

I've got about £100/£120 pw to spend, bills included and would IDEALLY like to be somewhere I can get to Carnaby Street, by bus in around 45 mins in the morning. I don't mind getting the tube but if so I'd like to be in Zones 1-2.

I'd ideally like an area with a high amount of youngish professionals, safe to walk around (but to be fair, compared to where I live now I think I can deal with any crime statistics :D), a few bars, good shops, easy 24-hour access to central.

So, what areas do you guys recommend?