Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

just crashed. cant stp shaking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i just crashed my car. flipped it in fact. into a wall, flipped 4 times before ending up n the roof
i wasnt driving. my car but let him drive
he didnt tell me he'd had a drink
nw he's in the cells fr the night. and i cant stp crying i really cant

WHY THE FUCK DID I LET SOMENE DRIVE ANYWAY. HE WENT WAY TO FAST
my neck is sre, and.. oh shit.

i thought myu dad would shout at me but he's been good. hugged me and told me everythings ok
i feel bad for my friend. i know its his fult but oh my god.. shit shit

i shuldve stopped him :(:(

i canrt sleep my neck is so bad. oh stop cryyying

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh shit one. :(

You been to the hospital yet?
    nah told the cops im not injured. just shock im sure
    ive im still sore tomorrow ill go in :(

is it bad that even though i wasnt driving i feel SOO bad for the person that was?!! it was his fault, he was going WAY too fast down a country lane, he nearly killed me (and himself). he's probably going to get his liscence revoked.. but it was still HIM that did it.
    i should be bloody angry at him. but instead im scared that he is now going to hate ME now because i didnt try and tell people that it was me driving and not him. i mean, if idve said it was me, hed be off the line. insurance would cover it. except i opened my gob and said, yeah it was him.
    now he's going to hate me ;9
    i was just too scared about what my dad would say to me and explaining HOW exactly we ended up on the roof of a car when there was only one vehicle involved

oh god. im talking shit
    Dude glad you're okay, but please please go to the hospital, now! With neck inuries it's not worth waiting...
    Hope you're alright - but the police should have sent you both to hospital.

I take it you both had seat belts on?

And better you told the truth about who was driving.

What make / model car was it - sounds pretty strong to have withstood flipping so many times and you guys being ok. But then was it a high car like a 4x4? Cos I can't imagine how fast he'd have to be driving to flip over a regular car so many times.
    I'm glad you're both alive and nobody was killed.

Next time, check if someone's been drinking. I mean, sorry to be rude, but come on!
    A lesson learned is always good.

Plus, why cover somebody elses ass? Don't lie to the cops. It ain't clever, regardless of the reason you're doing it.
    omg sorialah thank god youre ok. Im shocked you are even thinking that you should have lied for him. He almost bloody killed you. You did the right thing
    It's not your fault in the slightest, if you had no reason to think he'd been drinking then you had no reason to not let him drive.

Sounds like we'd all be better off if he has his license revoked.

Take care of yourself, and get your neck looked at, don't wait a couple of days to see how it feels. Whiplash can be nasty and you need to make sure you're doing the right things to prevent you getting long term aches/pain from it.
    hey, thanks guys :)

woke up this morning and my neck was still sore and had blood on the pillow - so went to A+E and turns out ive got minor case of whiplash and a gashed head. had to get 5 stiches, which bloody sucked and have to wear some silly neck brace thing.. but better that than dying :rolleyes:
    i realise i should have gone last night, but i think with the shock i just didnt feel it. so im glad i went this morning

reread my post - and yeah its stupid about even thinking about lying for him. it was him who was urging me to do it after it happened, and from one point of view - yes it would be better if idve took the rap, but from another.. nah. not worth it.
    he's still in police hq so im going to see him now
    police just came round and i got a warning and apparently im either getting a caution or getting taken to court (for letting him drive)

to be honest, i dont give a shit about that - saw the wreck in full day light this morning, and oh my GOD. im so shocked whiplash and a gashed head is all i have :(

ive learnt my lesson. never let someone else drive when you dont 'completely' trust them. . . . plus ask if theyve drunk before hand. im so stupid for not asking that first (tho he seemed normal :confused: ) ahhh im an idiot

oh and DG - its a guesstimate as to how many times we flipped. it was a honda jazz.
    all i know is that from the point when we lost control to the point where we ended up, it was a loong way. and i remember being tossed around a LOT. so may just be once, may be more. dont know. its hazy
    you shouldnt have to ask someone each time. This is NOT your fault. I certainly wouldnt expect someone whod been drinking to ask to drive. Most people know not to take the wheel if theyve been drinking. I am even more shocked that HE was urging you to take the rap for him - WTF? That is NOT a friend
    . I am even more shocked that HE was urging you to take the rap for him - WTF? That is NOT a friend

:yes:

I'm glad you're ok. Sounds like you were quite lucky.

Basically, fuck him if he's off with you about this. It was his fault, and him that was fucking stupid enough to drink/drive.

Lessons learned and all that.
    He's annoyed with you?? He just nearly killed you, wrote off your car and you could end up going to court. Its not your fault at all. I'd be pretty mad with him

Hope you're ok though x x x
    I'm assuming he wasn't on your insurance policy and was driving under his 'other car' extention on his fully comp policy?

If so doesn't that effectively mean that your car is a total loss and you wont get any money back? :-(
    Woah. I'm really glad you're both okay. But screw him. He was an idiot.
    You did the right thing telling the truth, he needs to learn that drinking and driving is stupid. He will hopefully learn this with a ban, and lets face it, hes lucky thats all he will get!
    noog wrote: »
    I'm assuming he wasn't on your insurance policy and was driving under his 'other car' extention on his fully comp policy?

If so doesn't that effectively mean that your car is a total loss and you wont get any money back? :-(

This is indeed correct. He will, at best, only be covered third party when driving somebody else's vehicle. This means your car won't be covered for the damage.
    g_angel wrote: »
    This is indeed correct. He will, at best, only be covered third party when driving somebody else's vehicle. This means your car won't be covered for the damage.

Fuck, I hope it was a banger then! But i guess all that matters is that you got out relatively unscathed :)
    Fuck, I hope it was a banger then! But i guess all that matters is that you got out relatively unscathed :)

Unlikely - The Jazz is a fairly recent model. Can't be more than around 3 years old or so.

I'd be fucking STEAMED at this lad.

:yes: yup thats what matters. more than the car anyhow. all 4 policemen ive seen and the engineer guys that got the car were amazed at how bashed the car was and that we got out of it. thats good, but got me scared

but yeah, my car was a honda jazz (new model) and its just under 3 years old and probably (was) worth about 6-7k :( and yeah, insurance doesnt cover anything whatsoever because he was driving and not under the policy, so i get ZIP.
    oh well, given me a good lesson.

and my mate. just spoke to him and he spent the night in the cells - going to court in september, and he's most likely going to get a 18 month ban. which, is what he deserves really. apparently he had had 4 drinks before he met me - how the hell didnt i notice?!!! gahhh it makes me even more frustrated that i could have completely avoided this
    i know ive made him out to be a complete twat as well for saying that he was trying to get me to take the rap - but it wasnt meant maliciously - and i see his point - that if i HAD said it was me, idve been insured and he would not have a ban. mightve turned out better in some ways, but worse in others.
    he only said it when we were both sitting in shock on the road too, so im not holding it against him.
    hmm
    leason learnt for both parties i guess :(
    soraliah wrote: »
    :yes: yup thats what matters. more than the car anyhow. all 4 policemen ive seen and the engineer guys that got the car were amazed at how bashed the car was and that we got out of it. thats good, but got me scared

but yeah, my car was a honda jazz (new model) and its just under 3 years old and probably (was) worth about 6-7k :( and yeah, insurance doesnt cover anything whatsoever because he was driving and not under the policy, so i get ZIP.
    oh well, given me a good lesson.

and my mate. just spoke to him and he spent the night in the cells - going to court in september, and he's most likely going to get a 18 month ban. which, is what he deserves really. apparently he had had 4 drinks before he met me - how the hell didnt i notice?!!! gahhh it makes me even more frustrated that i could have completely avoided this
    i know ive made him out to be a complete twat as well for saying that he was trying to get me to take the rap - but it wasnt meant maliciously - and i see his point - that if i HAD said it was me, idve been insured and he would not have a ban. mightve turned out better in some ways, but worse in others.
    he only said it when we were both sitting in shock on the road too, so im not holding it against him.
    hmm
    leason learnt for both parties i guess :(

Yup, lessons learned.

As people have said, you're ok, so that's the main thing.

Also, I hope he gets his finger out and buys you a new fucking car.
    sorry to hear. silly boy for driving with a drink on him .. i wouldn't accept a caution if you were oblivious to the fact

nothin worse than a nasty smash in a car, hopefully you recover ok!
    You might want to consider a personal injury claim against the insurer of your friend. One of my mates had whiplash and she managed to get a grand or so from the insurance company. Maybe you'd be able to recoup some of your losses that way :).

Probably lucky you weren't driving a banger. The airbags and seatbelt pretensioners coupled with the cruple zones probably saved you from getting seriously injured :)
    Yes, I just got awarded £5200 for whiplash/back pain/time off work/other stuff etc etc.
    Is he going to buy you a new car? I hope so

Just out of interest how come you didn't drive the car, or had you been drinking?
    kangoo wrote: »
    Is he going to buy you a new car? I hope so

Just out of interest how come you didn't drive the car, or had you been drinking?

i dont know :no: probably not in all liklihood
    maybe he can put some money towards one :confused: wouldnt feel right if i made him go the whole hog seeing as im partly to blame for the whole thing too.
    Yes, he'd drank and was driving way too fast and was the one who actually crashed it - but - surely im to blame because i let him drive in the first place?! .. plus i knew before i let him that i wasnt sure about the insurance but let him anyway, and was dubious about him driving anyway, but, because im an idiot and like the guy, i thought 'what the hell'

But no, i hadnt been drinking. Id just picked him up from his house to go round mine for the night, but id just got some new cds for my car, so decided to go for a drive to listen to em. stopped for a bit, and he got it in his head that he wanted to 'try my car out'.:confused: idiocy at its best

As for trying to get a claim - could do. in fact, ill query my dad about it tonight. last night when i thought i wasnt injured we didnt think there was much point.. but now im in a shitty brace..:rolleyes: hmm
    thanks for suggestion :)
    soraliah wrote: »
    i dont know :no: probably not in all liklihood
    maybe he can put some money towards one :confused: wouldnt feel right if i made him go the whole hog seeing as im partly to blame for the whole thing too.
    Yes, he'd drank and was driving way too fast and was the one who actually crashed it - but - surely im to blame because i let him drive in the first place?! .. plus i knew before i let him that i wasnt sure about the insurance but let him anyway, and was dubious about him driving anyway, but, because im an idiot and like the guy, i thought 'what the hell'

But no, i hadnt been drinking. Id just picked him up from his house to go round mine for the night, but id just got some new cds for my car, so decided to go for a drive to listen to em. stopped for a bit, and he got it in his head that he wanted to 'try my car out'.:confused: idiocy at its best

As for trying to get a claim - could do. in fact, ill query my dad about it tonight. last night when i thought i wasnt injured we didnt think there was much point.. but now im in a shitty brace..:rolleyes: hmm
    thanks for suggestion :)

Nah, he was driving, he crashed the car and he had been drinking. It's his fault. Sure, you were a bit silly letting him have a go, but that's about it.

He should definitely fork out, no two ways about it, and if he doesn't, then he's not much of a decent person. It shouldn't matter if he has to take a loan out over however long, he should replace what he wrecked.
    g_angel wrote: »
    It shouldn't matter if he has to take a loan out over however long, he should replace what he wrecked.

:yes: He trashed your car. You were silly to let him drive with no insurance and legally he doesn't have to pay. Morally he should though. You'll find out if he's decent or a bastard whether he coughs up
    If i were in your shoes i'd defo go for personal injury. and then see how much more you'll need to replace the vehicle and then perhaps go halves with him on it, or get him to pay you in installments.

And kangoo he was insured, just not fully comprehensively (Otherwise he'd be up for charges of driving without insurance too :))
    If i were in your shoes i'd defo go for personal injury. and then see how much more you'll need to replace the vehicle and then perhaps go halves with him on it, or get him to pay you in installments.

And kangoo he was insured, just not fully comprehensively (Otherwise he'd be up for charges of driving without insurance too :))

I meant not comprehensively insured oops :)
    and i see his point - that if i HAD said it was me, idve been insured and he would not have a ban.

Then he may well have gone and done this at some point in the future and actually killed someone.