Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Filling Lunch Ideas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me again with food requests :p

What do you guys all have for lunch? I really need some cheap filling lunch ideas. At the moment, on my lunch break, i tend to go into town and buy some good stuff .. not junk .. but i really should be watching the pennies.

So any ideas for some cheap filling lunch meals i can make. Something to last me till the evening, not just loads of sarnies cos that won't work :p

Comments

• Options
    Pasta from the night before.

Tortilla wraps are good.

You could make cous cous from the packet and then put it in a container with lots of salad.
  • Options
    lobster
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    lobster

Shut it fuck stick :p

Cous cous is a brill idea!! Can get that well cheap as well :D
  • Options
    Spicy sausage pasta... (although I prefer vege sausages)...make it up the night before...it's just some pasta with sauce, sausages, peppers, mushrooms, courgettes or any other veges you want in it.

Or Rice dishes are good...

Baked potatos with fillings.... depends if you have an oven you can use or microwave...

Noodles...
  • Options
    Usually leftovers from the night before - shepherds pie, risotto, stuff like that. If you have a microwave that is otherwise not so good. Jacket potato?

Cous cous and pasta/rice salads are also good and filling, and you can make batches in advance for a few days at work as well if you don't want to faff around every night.