Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Tattoo & Swimming

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Kinda health related I guess.

Had a tattoo done yesterday and the aftercare guidelines say:

"avoid submerging your tattoo in bodies of water such as lakes, pools, jacuzzis etc".

Avoid. Does that mean I really shouldn't or does that mean that I sort of can. Want to take the babies swimming tomorrow but will have to not go if it's going to fuck it up.

Whatcha reckon? :chin:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd strongly advise not to go swimming, f you only just got a tattoo.

Remember your new tattoo is an open wound and might lead to infection if you go into a pool. Plus if you're going in a swimming pool with chlorine you might ruin your new ink job as well.

If still in doubt, speak to your tattoo artist.
    Avoid means "DON'T DO IT!" hehe
    You not supposed to submerge your tattoo into any water until its healed. So no long soaks in the bath and definatly no swimming!

Its advisable to not swim for six weeks after a piecring so it will be at least that for a tattoo.
    Ok, guess tomorrow is a no go then!

The tattooist said 2 weeks. Go to Ibiza in 6 weeks! Better heal quick :razz:

I think the thing is that it doesnt feel sore or like an open wound so I kinda just think oh, it's healed it's right!
    They do say the surface of the tattoo can heal within just one week, but the healing process beneath can take up to one month. (Depending on the size,etc)

A tattoo is permanant, do you really want to risk it just cause it appears to be ok after just a couple days of getting it done?

T'is a permanent marking on your body. So you obviously, don't want to ruin it and wanna look good for your holiday :)
    dont do it.

itll be fine for your holiday though