Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Career Development Loans

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I send a request for a Lerning Support Fund form, hoping I can use that to pay my course fees. Apparantely, I can't. I'm not too sure whther I can afford to pay the course materials stuff and course fees, (was only informed of the former the week before last) the only option appears to be a career development loan.

But what happens for people who go from FE college to uni? It says there's a 17 month payment break, but Iwon't be able to afford to survive at uni and pay off this loan.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How old are you? What have you done since leaving school at 16? And what course are you doing at the FE college? It seems unusual that you are being asked for course fees and there's no funding avaliable.
    I've got a career development loan. My course ends next month and they want me to start paying it back in December... A CDL is designed more for postgraduate study hence the short space of time given before you have to start paying it off. If you're not doing a one year postgraduate course I'd look elsewhere for support.
    How old are you?

What have you done since leaving school at 16?

AS levels(which I struggled with) & a CACHE award. I then took a year out due to ill health and then got told I wasn't allowed (health & safety stuff) to do trainign to become a nurse.
    And what course are you doing at the FE college?

Access To Computer Studies & GCSE English resit.

Renzo - I'm not doing a postgraduate course, but I've not been told of any other forms of funding.