Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shampoo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else find if they keep using the same make of shampoo for a longtime their hair doesn't feel quite right?

Comments

• Options
    I used to, and used to change mine every couple of months but I found one my hair likes and have been using the same one for the last few years now.
  • Options
    I use head and shoulders on a daily basis, have done for years .. although once a month will switch to pantene for a week to mix things up.

I have soft, beautiful managable hair! lol :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I've read it's good to change shampoo once in a while, I even made a thread about it a few years back. Although I've not changed for a long time now...
  • Options
    I usually have to change every few months or so.
  • Options
    I've yet to find a nice one which suits my hair. What a 'mare!
  • Options
    I always use the same one, and I find that the difference in water makes a difference to my hair more than the shampoo. My hair washes much better in the water in Leeds than it does at my parent's house in Northamptonshire for example.
  • Options
    yup I do

I find that my hair doesnt feel as clean if I have used the shampoo for too long

but i love neutrogena and head and shoulders, so i alternate between the two

so when a bottle of one runs out, i get the other one, and so on....

apparently your hair can get used to it and it becomes less effective the more you use it, bit like anti biotics? haha