Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Newbie asking help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey , i have been told that this is a forum of good helpers that help out getting me rid of cigerettes.
I havent used the this forum before though.
Anyways , i am Joe Alexender from Florida and i am seriou smoker.
Please any one , can you let me oout of this life style ?

Comments

• BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Hi,

This place is useful to vent, get opinions, have a giggle and what not, but I certainly wouldnt rely upon it to quit smoking.

You need to speak to your dr about what is best for you and then get whatever they recommend.

There are the obvious, lozenges patches etc and also hypnosis.

Perhaps you should make a thread in fitness and health and ask how others have quit, but please dont rely just on thesite to get you off the fags!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    But smoking's awesome - why on earth would you want to give it up?

Based on anecdotal evidence from my mates who've successfully given up, hypnosis is by far the best way. The physical addiction is dead easy to break; it's the psychological one that's the toughie.

Best of luck with giving up (but you have to actually want to give up) but as bunny says, I'm not sure how likely you are to give up using here. But nonetheless, welcome.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Get chewing anti-cig gum. What is it called?

You won't get to give up the cigs being here, especially say if you get caught up being roasted in the debate forum. Heh! :D

Avoid coffee in the mornings as it, along with sugar, increases your cravings to smoke. Go and Google up "How can I give up smoking"?

Meanwhile, I'm going off to the kitchen to make myself a coffee and enjoy a nice fag. That's a cig, incidentally. I'm the fag. ;)

Best,
    Poppi