Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Worried

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hello,

Ever since about Year 10, I've aspired to become a Pharmacist, going so far as to work in Boots and an independant Pharmacist for work experience for two weeks.
I sat Biology, Chemistry and Physics. And my results were, well bad.
I had a D in Chemistry, E in Biology and a U in Physics.

I'm really worried because it's pretty apparent I'm not gonna be able to apply to University this year with those grades.
I was considering doing something that required lower entrance grades, such as Audiology which is CCC. I just really wanna enter the health care profession mainly.

I was so close to getting a C in Chemistry too. :/ My chemistry and biology teachers are gonna really help me to get my grades up for A levels, but my Physics teacher, well he couldn't seem to care less about what I do.

So I'm stuck, what should I do? Even if I do get much better grades at A level it's too late then to apply to Uni this year.
I was contemplating dropping Physics, resitting the AS, and then finishing the A Level in a nearby College.
Either that or I drop out of school completely and become an electrician.

What should I do? :/
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Look at foundation courses.

They are usually an extra year you do before starting the degree course which are aimed to get you up to standard. If you're struggling that much with Science now then pharmacology may not be for you as I understand there's loads more of that kind of thing throughout the course.

Radiography would be another one to look at.
    Can you do an access to science course?