Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Personal Statement - Two Different Courses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I've been advised to start working on my personal statement over the summer. One of the things I have to include is the subject I would like to study and why.

Anyway, there are two subjects that I would like to study. Because they're related, it whouldn't be a problem. (Forensic Computing & Computer Science) How do I say that I'm interested in doing both, without it sounding like I've just picked 2 random subjects?

Edit - would I need to put anything in my personal statement regarding my disability?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The subjects are not miles apart so it shouldnt be too hard to interlink your interest between the two.
    As for your disability i would say that you dont have to include it, although i probably would as it could help your application if you can say that you've still acheived really highly in the face of adversity
    not sure about the disability thing, maybe if it has inspired you in some way to do computing....? then yeah go for it.
    personally i would write a generic personal statement, then make alterations for each course.
    I'd write one generally for computer science and then say the field of computer science that you are particularly interested in is the forensic side.

As for the disability, your personal statement is your opportunity to show off, if you need to mention your disablity to justify something then fine, but otherwise there's no need for it to be there. It gets put on the application form anyway.
    Thanks guys.