Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kissing/Making Out

Hi all,

I will be completely honest here, last weekend I had a mass camp out with a few friends and I made out with someone for the first time. NOT A BIG DEAL ONLY FOR 3 SECONDS.

My problem is this was my first time, this is the furthest I have gone with a girl! Everyone else has done these things before and they all said I was rubbish. The thing is, I know I was. I just didn't know what to do, and when they said "ok you two make out", I didn't even know what they meant.

Am I just being stupid? How do you make out with someone? What do you do with your tongue? If I can't last 3 seconds, what hope do I have of lasting longer?

Thanks for you help in advance.

Tom
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mate, i'm in the exact same position as you but I haven't even done that yet! I've just left year 11, and all my mates have done loads of shit with girls, and it doesn't help when they always go on about lasses, sex and all that shite and I have to change the conversation, soon my secret is gonna come out and it bothers me all the time :(

How old are ya pal?
  • Options
    dud the first time you kiss a girl is always gonna be kinda robotic. your friends sound a little weird telling you to make out with a girl but hey. next time just relax at first people always think of making out as something seperate from kissing. when you get into it there isnt really a line between them. just kind of brush your lips against hers and basically peck her lips but in slo mo then slightly open you mouth and move in slightly closer again dont use your tongue just yet then she should get the idea and open her mouth then slide your tongue into her mouth slowly. just kind of lick her tongue gently i guess is the best way to put it. remeber kissing is as much about how you holod as it is what you do with your mouth. hold her in tight to you with ne arm at the top of her back and the other at the bottom of her back. you can like pull her close into you and slide your hand around her waist, and then theres always the ass groping lol. anyway ther is no set rules to kissing a girl everyone does it differently. i always find it awkward when i kiss a girl i havent kissed before if you have completely different styles but it only takes a couple of kisses to be comfortable with the other person. anyway just brelaz and enjoy it :thumb:
  • Options
    tom5 wrote: »
    My problem is this was my first time, this is the furthest I have gone with a girl! Everyone else has done these things before and they all said I was rubbish. The thing is, I know I was. I just didn't know what to do, and when they said "ok you two make out", I didn't even know what they meant.

I feel old.

Top tip: Don't smooch in front of other people. Especially dipshits who'll critique your kissing.

The "ok you two make out" bit confuses me...if you want to kiss someone, you don't need other people to tell you.

Try kissing a girl you actually like. Kissing is dead easy. And you get better with practice.
  • Options
    My first kiss was horrendous. Trust me, it gets much easier!

Check this out too.
  • Options
    My first kiss went surprisngly well .. but thats not the point here :p

Don't really know what kind of advice to give, it all kinda happens naturally doesn't it. I don't think you should go about having a technique or anything like that, just take it slow and don't eat her face off.

Don't worry about it. We've all been there :)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Te first kiss is near enough always a disaster, dont worry about it and things will progress as you get older :)
  • Options
    The Lad with no name.

We seem to be exactly the same, I have to just left yeall 11.

16 years old to answer your question.
  • Options
    Thanks

So far all of your comments have been brilliant.

I love the site because there are actually come decent people on here who want to help and are honest. Not those sex obsessed people who brag about their life.

Thanks to everyone for helping.

Keep your advice coming though.

Tom
  • Options
    Another tip, Tom. Try and make sure your mouth is 'dry' and not swilling about with spit when you have an open-mouthed tongue kiss. ;)
  • Options
    Aw Teagen, I so love that transfer of spit washing machine swilling around sensation. :thumb:
  • Options
    I got over my shyness about kissing after playing 'the cherry drop game'.
  • Options
    My first proper kiss didn't happen until I was 18...I was petrified about the whole thing so decided just to get it over with with a random in a club who wouldn't know me and who I'd never see again. I even told him not to use tongues because I found the whole idea revolting! He must have thought I was a right weirdo :lol:

I promise though it does get better. Practice makes perfect and believe me sooner or later you'll have a snog that makes your (and the person you're kissing) knees go weak and makes you tremble all over. One of the best feelings ever :love: Just try not to worry about it too much, it really is all about relaxing and going with the flow.

*Plans to give b/f a proper big smooch when he gets home from work*
  • Options
    I can still remember my first kiss. They didnt say anything but i know it was totally rubbish. But it does get easier the more you do it. So much it doesnt even cross your mind :) The only thing i can say that might help is just try to swallow before you do cos you dont wanna slobber on there face!

x
  • Options
    Go slow, don't be shoving your tongue in and out. Just gently massage each other's tongues, every now and again close your mouth and open it again. I like giving a gentle bite to a girls lower lip when kissing. They seem to love it so can't be too bad.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I was bad during my first kiss. It was kind of a motionless lips and a thrashing tongue but after a year without kissing again I kissed another girl and the year gap proved a blessing in disguise. By the first time I kissed after the year I was awesome at it. (I'm not just saying that, I had references :yes: )

Your "friends" should be helping you there. They should be allowing you solo time with the girl and giving her subtle tips (i.e. Message of the day "Date him, he's great" ) You'd be surprised how succesful that technique proved for one of my friends.
  • Options
    Aw Teagen, I so love that transfer of spit washing machine swilling around sensation. :thumb:

:yuck::sour::yuck: Hehehehehe ....
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Another tip, Tom. Try and make sure your mouth is 'dry' and not swilling about with spit when you have an open-mouthed tongue kiss. ;)

lol yeh definitely not too wet! And let her do some of the tongue work - don't just thrust it in. Seriously though getting to kiss a good kisser is awesome. You can turn a girl on giving the lips the right attention as much as giving the lips "down there" attention (if you know what I mean)!
  • Options
    My first kiss was disaster, but you get the hang of it after a few go's. Everyone kisses differently too, so when you find a girl that you really like, you'll get used to each others techniques and you'll be more relaxed and it will be all good :)
  • Options
    Just don't go for the sticking your tongue as far down her throat as possible. Or the surprising her method. God i've had some bad kisses.
    It does get easier, the more relaxed you are the less complicated it is, easier said than done but try not to stress about it, it'll come naturally.