Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

spots

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive got a few spots does that matter to girls?

Comments

• Options
    Hi mate.

I've read a couple of threads you've started, and I think ur feeling really insecure at the moment. Try not to think about it, even though thats not easy for you. I know all around you, there are people your age really happy in relationships and it feels shit even just to look at it. But I think you sound like you want to be the perfect model guy, by that I mean you want to be what girls want. And theres nothing wrong in that, but you have to look at who YOU are and things about you that would make girls interested in you.

If you got spots, so what ?? The only guy that lived in my flat last year (there were 6 of us) that had a girlfreind had the worst spots in the world (slight exaggeration I know) and everyone was secretely jealous of him. Yes looks matter to an extent, but you have to beleive in yourself more.

Every girl is different, some go for looks, some personality, some like funny guys, some like romantic guys. There isnt one type of guy all the girls go for. Being yourself is the first step you have to take, then you will feel so much more relaxed around girls.

Give it time mate, it'll come.

Good luck

Brian
  • Options
    i seem to have the same problem.

i think that it might be because my acne makes me self conscious and i am shy by nature with severe anxiety attacks (not the most outgoing kinda guy :)).

what i mean by this is that we always think "OH SHIT I GOT BAD ACNE..." and think that that really nice girl wont wanna know us because we look so disgusting with all out spots.
    thing is, its probably because they see us looking awkward etc and think "hmm he dont seem very exciting"

well...this is what i tell myself to hide from the truth (that i am WAY too small and ugly to get a girlfriend) lol
  • Options
    does the word no mean anything to you?
  • Options
    Spots dont matter to girls (well not to me anyway) Its the person that counts not whether or not they have good skin! So chil out and try not to worry about it - if shes worth it she wont care if youve got spots.;)
  • Options
    hey
    look i totally kno how u feel cos ive got kinda bad skin and have had several lumps removed from ma forehead. but as ive become more acceptin of it and concentrated more on bits of my body i like ive become more confident in myself. at first i was convinced no guys would even look at me...but this just isnt the case ne one worth bein wit will like u for more than the quality of ur skin! i kno that sounds really cliche but its the truth.
    how ive helped
    luv kerry xxx
  • Options
    Just try not to think about the acne. Concentrate on other things. Most of all be yourself. Dont worry about it, great personality and other features can attract girls :)
  • Options
    How many spots lol.... why don't u ask urself the same question.
    If girls have spots would it matter to u?
  • Options
    thanks

thank u all u have help me feel much better i feel better in myself now thank u
  • Options
    I used to have a mild case of acne from the ages of 13-14, to tell you the truth, i hated it, kept looking at myself in the mirror which made it a whole lot worse.

People don't see that you're going through enough when you have spots, it effects most people in the inside too, in the way of confidence.

How old are you? - If you're really worried about your spots, i recommend you go to your GP and ask for some advice.

When i went i was prescribed some extremly strong antiobotics from the hospital, 6 months later spotless :) (No Pun intended)

It's a real confidence boost, trust me..I know what you're going through so chill out a little, dont worry about it....this is what attracts a girl more :)

Good luck m8