Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

my mum is ruining my education !!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
well I'm due to start year 11 in september but the thing is my mum wants to move house. she loves the area but wants to be by the coast cuz she was brought up by the sea. i only have one more year left of school and she said she doesn't want to wait that long. so if she finds a house and she likes it she will move. That probs means i will have to start year 10 again cuz differ schools do differ subjects course and differ modules. and i cant wait til i leave school but i might have to do another year. and i've tried telling her my opinion about it being my last year , etc ,etc. but she wont listen, she doesnt care about me and my education. i know she is selfish but what am i gonna do ? i hate making new friends cuz i get bullied as i am ugly and look like a boy, and i know this as i have moved to 3 differ schools thru my secondary education and i have been bullied every single time !!!

please help me
how can i make friends more easily?
i feel depressed as i can't go to school without thinking one of these days could be my last day!
can you just tell me what you think and any advice you can give me ??

thanxs a lot

x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    FizFiz Deactivated Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
    Hi, its sounds like you are in a bit of a frustrating situation especially if you have already tried to address this with your mum and it has not helped. I think it is great that you are aware of your why your mum might make these choices it shows you can consider other people feelings as obviously your mum believes she?d be happier if you both moved.

How far away would you be if you were to move to the coast? As maybe you could still stay at your current school you?d just have a bit more travelling time to and from school. Moving can take a lot of organising, time to find somewhere, exchange all the contractual documents that are involved and pack up and actually move so if it does happen it won?t be suddenly so hopefully you?ll have some time to prepare.

Making new friends can be difficult in any situation if you are feeling like you don?t want to leave your current school because of the friends you have made remember if they are good friends you are bound to stay in touch anyway and if you have met people at your current school you?ll be able to do the same if you have to move elsewhere.

I hope it works out, don?t let it get you down as you don?t know yet whether or not it?s actually going to happen so try to make the most of what you have now and don't let yourself get too caught up in what might or might not happen.

Take care!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Does the place your mum wants to move to have a college where you could do GCSEs or start a vocational course this year? If this isn't an option and you can't stay with a relative or family friend maybe you could get a teacher to talk to your mum. If you do have to move maybe you won't have to start all your GCSEs again. You might be able to use the coursework you've already done, even if you have to do extra work because the exams will be different. When I was at school I did different module to the rest of the class for one GCSE, and was the only one taking another one, because I talked to the teachers at the start of the year.
    It sounds strange and horrible, but in my experience some people are bullied because they expect to be. I'm not saying that they are in any way to blame for what happens to them, but that's just what seems to happen. Make a joke out of any comments people make, try to be friendly and helpful and never talk about someone behind their back or limit your potential friends by joining one group too soon. I know this sounds weird but 5 people started and my school in year 11 and most of them made at least one of those mistakes.