Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

counsellors

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How did everyone else get a headstart in life?
    Seriously, how can you say that you are so much worse off when there are people on cancer wards and with other horrible diseases who spend their life everyday confined to a hospital ward and getting pumped with pills and medication?
    How can you claim you have it worst when there are people who are so discontent that they harm themselves in different ways?

If your scale of normality and happiness is going out every night then I suggest that you go to the nearest pub or club and do just that. How hard can it be?
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote: »
    How did everyone else get a headstart in life?

They just did, because everyone was default and I was not.
    Seriously, how can you say that you are so much worse off when there are people on cancer wards and with other horrible diseases who spend their life everyday confined to a hospital ward and getting pumped with pills and medication?
    How can you claim you have it worst when there are people who are so discontent that they harm themselves in different ways?

i think I do.
    If your scale of normality and happiness is going out every night then I suggest that you go to the nearest pub or club and do just that. How hard can it be?

I've got no one to go with.
  • Options
    ilipintt wrote: »
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=129286

See! everyone else my age has it sweet and why not me?
    Err, how exactly does me whinging about girls who don't want to fuck/go out with me remotely suggest that "everyone else has it sweet"?

What were your GCSE and/or A-Level results, just out of interest? What have you been doing since then?
  • Options
    Well if you think you have it worse off than the rest of this world's population then you're plain stupid.
    And go to the pub alone, if it's that important to you. No one makes friends or gets ahead in life by sitting on their ass. Everything takes effort.
    I suggest you go out and do something, perhaps volounteering as has been suggested. Will do you good.

Either way this is going round in circles, and by now surely you're just writing these posts to get a kick.
  • Options
    tinkler wrote: »
    Err, how exactly does me whinging about girls who don't want to fuck/go out with me remotely suggest that "everyone else has it sweet"?

Because that is sweet. It's the standard.
    What were your GCSE and/or A-Level results, just out of interest? What have you been doing since then?

Why do you ask?
  • Options
    Well if you think you have it worse off than the rest of this world's population then you're plain stupid.
    And go to the pub alone, if it's that important to you. No one makes friends or gets ahead in life by sitting on their ass. Everything takes effort.
    I suggest you go out and do something, perhaps volounteering as has been suggested. Will do you good.

Either way this is going round in circles, and by now surely you're just writing these posts to get a kick.

but everything is sweet for you and I want the same.
  • Options

...by now surely you're just writing these posts to get a kick.
    I have a feeling from some of their posts that this isn't trolling / trying to get a kick, the stubbornness is 'stupidity' for a politically incorrect term - maybe some form of retardation etc. Need to know if they have any issues like that explaining the stubbornness and naivety, else a lot of the comments here / the previous thread may be futile and not realistic.
  • Options

Don't you even fucking dare!
  • Options
    I have a feeling from some of their posts that this isn't trolling / trying to get a kick, the stubbornness is 'stupidity' for a politically incorrect term - maybe some form of retardation etc. Need to know if they have any issues like that explaining the stubbornness and naivety, else a lot of the comments here / the previous thread may be futile and not realistic.

So I am retarded? Why?
    Don't you even fucking dare!

What do you mean?
  • Options
    So I am retarded? Why?
    I'm asking you - what symptoms / illnesses / problems do you actually have? Names of medical conditions please rather than generic 'I'm not normal'. If we know that we can take that into consideration to give you the most appropriate advice.
  • Options
    My psychiatrist reckons I have psychotic depression.
  • Options
    No clue what that is, but I really don't think that people on here can help you with that.
  • Options
    If we know that we can take that into consideration to give you the most appropriate advice.

I want advice as to how to be normal like everybody else.

Everyone else here has the standard life of a young person. I want it too. And please, no mystic nonsense. I hate mysticism. Anyone who never goes out is considered a loser and I don't want to be a loser any more.

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=129192

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=129079

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=128547

See? It's alright for everybody else.
  • Options
    I don't quite get what those threads show?

It shows that some people out there have physical relationships.

Plenty of people don't and being one of those doesn't automatically make you a complete reject from society.

People on here (and in the rest of life) will get pissed off with you very quickly if you continue banging on about how everyone else has it sweet and you have it all wrong.

I (and many others on here have had it far worse than me) have in no way had an easy life. Yes I've been out with guys, including 4 years in one where I was effectively groomed, I've also been assaulted by one. That definitely doesn't mean I've had it easier than you.

Right now I'm not sure I'd really want to spend time with you, especially if all you do is bitch and moan about how you have it so hard rather than getting out there and doing something.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    the stubbornness is 'stupidity' for a politically incorrect term - maybe some form of retardation etc.

Eek - I think you've shown a fair bit of empathy here, but this is too much - really very offensive and unfair.
  • Options
    They just did, because everyone was default and I was not.

Try telling that to a lady I know whose husband is blind, 2 of her daughters are blind and her youngest is partially sighted. And guess what? They all get on with their life.

Rubbish. Read the self harm & depression thread. People who post there certainly don't have it easy.

The only person who change these things is you.
  • Options
    I don't quite get what those threads show?

It shows that some people out there have physical relationships.

Plenty of people don't and being one of those doesn't automatically make you a complete reject from society.

Yes they do. It's considered normal in society and the standard for young people.
    People on here (and in the rest of life) will get pissed off with you very quickly if you continue banging on about how everyone else has it sweet and you have it all wrong.

I (and many others on here have had it far worse than me) have in no way had an easy life. Yes I've been out with guys, including 4 years in one where I was effectively groomed, I've also been assaulted by one. That definitely doesn't mean I've had it easier than you.

Right now I'm not sure I'd really want to spend time with you, especially if all you do is bitch and moan about how you have it so hard rather than getting out there and doing something.

OK. I'm sorry.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Try telling that to a lady I know whose husband is blind, 2 of her daughters are blind and her youngest is partially sighted. And guess what? They all get on with their life.

How?

Rubbish. Read the self harm & depression thread. People who post there certainly don't have it easy.

The only person who change these things is you.

I know. Which is why I want to know how to get a normal life like everybody else.
  • Options
    I know. Which is why I want to know how to get a normal life like everybody else.

There is no normal life, and as for being young virtually everyone I know had a shite time of it when they were a teenager.

Plus of course what you think you see is false, couples act differently when they are around other people, you really have no idea how happy or otherwise they are.

Its something you might not have learnt yet, it took me a while, but the toubled people, those with complicated pasts, people who dont care about fitting in - they are quite often the most rewarding people to know.

Comparing your life to others is pretty much the most self destructive thing you can do.
  • Options
    Of course there is a normal life. And everyone who doesn't get it is a loser.
    Its something you might not have learnt yet, it took me a while, but the toubled people, those with complicated pasts, people who dont care about fitting in - they are quite often the most rewarding people to know.

Having relationships is the norm. I bet it is for you and everybody else.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Eek - I think you've shown a fair bit of empathy here, but this is too much - really very offensive and unfair.
    Ye perhaps, wasn't sure how best to state. But anyway I can understand very well now what OP means. I kinda agree with her that we are all relatively "normal" people, going through normal experiences of young people - insecurity, depression, sexual frustration, dating disasters, cheating, binge drugs and drinking... all the things people are writing about on this site which may be seen as abnormal or not ideal.. but these are all parts of life. Whereas OP has no social interaction so has not experienced any of this, and wants to live a normal life like the rest of us having all these ups and downs. That's cool. All I'll suggest is when someone said walk into a pub or club.. you said you have nobody to go with. So fucking what? I've gone into bars/clubs on my own sometimes, not known people and met people and had an awesome time. Don't go to a pub I'd say, often you can look very awkward if you're on your own, but a big club which is crowded with people drinking and dancing, nobody's going to think "oh she has no friends" they'll assume you've gone in with a bunch of people and separated from them, and provided not hideously ugly (and even then..) you'll no doubt have guys start talking to you. If you find them attractive do what you want, if you don't but think they're alright maybe get their number and see if they're happy to go down the friendship path / introduce you to others. That and the internet - there are plenty of events happening via Facebook where people don't know each other but have a common interest and all meet at events where nobody knows anyone so its normal for people to go up and introduce themselves to you. EVen TheSite I've seen do monthly meetups in different cities.
  • Options
    Ye perhaps, wasn't sure how best to state. But anyway I can understand very well now what OP means. I kinda agree with her that we are all relatively "normal" people, going through normal experiences of young people - insecurity, depression, sexual frustration, dating disasters, cheating, binge drugs and drinking... all the things people are writing about on this site which may be seen as abnormal or not ideal.. but these are all parts of life. Whereas OP has no social interaction so has not experienced any of this, and wants to live a normal life like the rest of us having all these ups and downs. That's cool. All I'll suggest is when someone said walk into a pub or club.. you said you have nobody to go with. So fucking what? I've gone into bars/clubs on my own sometimes, not known people and met people and had an awesome time. Don't go to a pub I'd say, often you can look very awkward if you're on your own, but a big club which is crowded with people drinking and dancing, nobody's going to think "oh she has no friends" they'll assume you've gone in with a bunch of people and separated from them, and provided not hideously ugly (and even then..) you'll no doubt have guys start talking to you. If you find them attractive do what you want, if you don't but think they're alright maybe get their number and see if they're happy to go down the friendship path / introduce you to others. That and the internet - there are plenty of events happening via Facebook where people don't know each other but have a common interest and all meet at events where nobody knows anyone so its normal for people to go up and introduce themselves to you. EVen TheSite I've seen do monthly meetups in different cities.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

I got the same feeling about the whole 'normal' thing. I certainly consider it 'normal' to go through ups and downs. In some ways that makes the OP normal as well since she's so adamant on that no matter what people go through they're 'normal'. ;) But I can see how she thinks others are more 'normal' for experiencing the things they do. It IS a very sucky feeling to feel you have no life. Still today I feel bad about a period of my life that I feel I've lost because I didn't go out of my home or do things.

I've gone alone to clubs and had a blast! Most people are too busy having fun to wonder whether you're on your own or not. Then there's endless things to try and do, sports, courses, internet meet-ups, and so on.

It's however up to the OP to decide if she's willing to do anything to get the normal life she craves. The moment you decide to do ANYTHING other than think about how abnormal your life is then you're one step closer to the normal life you want. It's all about exposure and just getting out there and giving things your best shot. As you keep pointing out to us it's 'normal' to make mistakes and even fail so you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. ;)
  • Options
    Human beings do not have default settings we're not computers.
  • Options
    Of course there is a normal life. And everyone who doesn't get it is a loser.

Having relationships is the norm. I bet it is for you and everybody else.

What on Earth do you actually mean? I have no idea what you think a 'normal life' really is.

Yes I have relationships, I've also had horrible times in my life when I've seriously contemplated suicide so dont think you have any idea what my life has been like.
  • Options
    You're 25 and think you're not normal because you don't go out every night and are single with no kids.
    I'm 24 and exactly the same but the difference is between me and you is I'm happy with myself.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    You're 25 and think you're not normal because you don't go out every night and are single with no kids.
    I'm 24 and exactly the same but the difference is between me and you is I'm happy with myself.

When it boils down to it that is a massive difference and not one which is easy to change. But nothing will change if you are always comparing yourself with all the fun you think other people are having, and assuming there is one 'normal' way to live.
  • Options
    Human beings do not have default settings we're not computers.

Everyone else is nice by default.
  • Options

But doing that would make me happy and is the normal thing to do.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    What on Earth do you actually mean? I have no idea what you think a 'normal life' really is.

Yes I have relationships, I've also had horrible times in my life when I've seriously contemplated suicide so dont think you have any idea what my life has been like.

I want relationships and sweetness too. That's another reason why I'm the odd one out. Everyone else is seen as default nice and people fancy them but not me and I don't like that.
  • Options
    Ok, I have news for you matey.

Not everyone else had niceness by default. I have to work damn hard at being nice most of the time as naturally I am a sarcastic bitch. Likewise, not everyone else is instantly fancied. Tell me, do you fancy every person you see? Thought not.

To be happy you need to accept that there is variety in the world. No two people are the same or do the same things - I can't quite see how you don't understand that. Ok, the few people your age you know may all be married with 2 children, but that doesn't mean everyone is by any means.

And if I was 24 and married with 2 kids I definitely wouldn't be happy