Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

desease??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok idont know if im writing int he right box but i have a really embarrassing prblem, recently i have been suffering from something and idont know what it is, its like all the time i get loads of this horrible discharge like stuff coming from inside me and it smells relly really bad, even just sat there i can smell it, i wash regulary so i know its no that, im terrified i could have caught something as irecentyl had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, do you have any idea what this might be?x

Comments

• Options
    Thrush.
  • Options
    Yep - thrush. There are loads of self-help sites on the net but Yahoo Answers are pretty god where on person replied suggesting using yoghurt to clear up thrush.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080423045820AAe41kC

Best,
    Poppi
  • Options
    Make sure it's natural yoghurt and not a fruit one hehe.
  • Options
    Speaking from experience there are we lea? :lol:
  • Options
    Nah just common sense :p
  • Options
    Thrush is the first thing that springs to mind, as others have said. However, if you have had unprotected sex with your boyfriend and are worried that you might have caught something (or even if you know that he has had unprotected sex with other people) you should consider going to your local GUM clinic to get tested, even if it is for peace of mind.
  • Options
    KTGKTG Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi,
    You may have thrush, as the other posts have suggested, as it does cause a discharge, which sometimes does have a yeasty odour.
    There are number of things that could be causing the discharge though. The fact that you have recently had unprotected sex means that visiting a GUM clinic like Acrobat said, or seeing your GP is probably be a good idea. The sooner it is diagnosed the easier it's likely to be able to be treated. Also, it is important that your boyfriend treats himself too, if it is thrush or another type of sexually transmitted infection.

Another possibility could be bacterial vaginosis , which can cause an unpleasant smelling discharge too, and can be aggravated by having sex without a condom. You will also see from the web page that in fact it can be caused by washing with perfumed soaps, deodrants etc, which cause an imbalance in the natural pH in the vagina.

There are a number of possibilities of what it could be, which could be treated easily, so to put your mind at rest and stop you worrying, it is worth getting a professional diagnosis.

All the best,
    Katie