Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Could I be pregnant?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bit of a personal issue for me to discuss I know, but I would prefer really quick answers instead of waiting for TheSite to answer my question confidentially.

Ok, yesterday my boyfriend came round, and we were downstairs on the couch in front of a movie. Naturally kissing led to touching and feeling. He didn't go down my pants (I am on my period - not TMI, don't make stupid comments about that) but I went down his. I think I got some pre-cum on my hands.

I washed my hands three times that day after that before masturbating at around midnight, but then I stopped because I realized that I could get pregnant from that... I don't know if this sounds stupid but have I been really silly and not thought about this carefully enough?

Questions -

1.) I am on my period. Am I most fertile at this time of the month?
2.) How long after being outside the body does sperm die?
3.) Is there much sperm in pre-cum, or none at all, or just a lot less than actual semen?
4.) Would I have washed it all off my hand if I'd washed them three times (it might have been four).

I just feel really bad, like I've been really stupid and not thought about what could happen. I'd really appreciate all feedback, as long as its not going to take the mickey or be stupid answers. :nervous:

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Although there is sperm in precum I think you are fine. You washed your hands lots and I'm sure that there is a time limit that sperm lives for outside the body. I don't think it would live that long. I'm sure it's only about 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the feedback. I feel soooo much better now. :)
  • Options
    chances of pregnancy there are small to zero
  • Options
    chances of pregnancy there are small to zero

Even less than that. Don't worry about it.
  • Options
    less than zero? hmmm
  • Options
    Was aiming more at the 'small' oh miss pedantic one ;)
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I really really really appreciate it.

I don't feel so anxiously sick anymore.
  • Options
    Hi,

You're not your most fertile during your period (although you can still get pregnant)...you're usually at your most fertile between 10-16 days after you period (although this varies from women to women, month to month) when you're ovulating.

Sperm can live outside the body for a few hours but washing your hands would be sufficiant enough to get rid of any sperm so don't worry yourself. Sperm are very sensitive to temperature changes.

There are still hundreds/thousands on sperm in pre-cum (different with each man) but as long as you washed your hands then you have nothing to worry about :)
  • Options
    thats 10- 16 days after your period starts, not ends.

It doesnt matter much though because peoples cycles vary and theoretically you can ovulate at any time in your cycle, especially when youre young, often cycles havent settled yet, but it would still be fairly rare for someone to ovulate during their period and even if you WERE ovulating then, to have washed your hands before having touched your vaginal area. This is likely to have killed off any sperm that were there, and certainly any semen that they would need to travel to the egg in effectively
  • Options
    thats 10- 16 days after your period starts, not ends.

Indeed, although true what you say about different cycles. I conceived at completely different times with both my pregnancies.
  • Options
    yeah ive had my dates changed with 2 of mine from what it should have been if gone by supposed ovulation dates, but when scanned it was completely out. Happens a lot
  • Options
    you can ovulate at any time in your cycle

:yes: This one was the day i was due on