Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

styliying short(er) hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
help! just had my hair cut quite short, above my shoulders, with layers at the sides and a sweeping fringe. but it looks a bit boring (plus the hairdresser fucked up my fringe and made the front of it uneven but thats a different issue). i bought some toni & guy wax stuff with the intention of messing it up a bit, make it a bit more interesting.

anyway, i just put some in there the now, just melted some between my fingers and like, kinda "oomphed" my hair with it, but it looks a bit shit, just like i need to brush and wash my hair or something. UGH. any ideas on how to better style it, or better wax stuff i could use? cheers.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Get some sea salt spray, I use the Toni & Guy one label M. Spray it onto dry straight hair with your head upside down and then blast it quickly with the hair dryer on a cool setting to get a mess look. You can also use hairspray to get a similar effect! Maybe try a spray in wax or a putty to mess it up.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My hair sounds like yours and I use Lee Stafford spray wax and that does the job to oomph it up way better than putty or wax has done before.