Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

How do i grow weed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive just got the idea, Weed why do i pay for it when its a plant and it can be grown at home, well not yet but when i move out it can :D ...

is weed easy to grow? whats better weed or skunk? can it be grown in the uk? how do you do it? what do you need ect, how oftern do you walter it..

could someone post a link or pm it to me of a website that teaches how to grow such plants at home, or post some info up here thanks ;)

Comments

• Options
    thanks mate ;) i was always under the impression they had to be grown indoors under lights, guess i was wrong :)
  • Options
    yeah good idea mate thats. and u got the address wrong its www.grasscity.com ;)
  • Options
    The only hash I can come by up here is soapbar, so no seeds :( Do you know of anywhere I can get seeds then? And if so, what are the best types to get? (If any selection is available)

Cheers :)
  • Options
    yeah ive been looking around on the internet and there is loads and loads of sites, showing how to grow them. I think ill have to do a bit of reading, and when i move out, it will give me a hobbie ;)

does it cost alot for the equipment?
  • Options
    hey, ive decided when i leave home what im growin in my flat ;) if anyone else is interested in this topic ive found some websites that may help you:

- http://www.ganjaland.com/
    - Begeners Guide
    - Growing guides
    - Growing FAQ
    - http://www.klozitking.com/

i hope these sites help, and if anyone else has any other websites showing how to grow weed, please pm or past them up here, thanks ;)

also does anyone know when Germinateing the seeds, is it best to pot them streight away, or put them in a moist towl? which method is better for a 1st time grower?
  • Options
    also call me thick, but on plants, where is the bud??? when i see pictures all i see are the leaves, no buds where do the buds come from in the plant?
  • Options
    here is my scoop on it. Don't do unless you plan to do it right. It is a little bit of an investment. Most of my experience is second hand. First rather than go from seeds, if you could find someone who all ready has a nice strain(blueberry,closet queen, juicy fruit,super skunk, NL etc...) established, you will notice that they only use female plants and they have no seeds. If you can get a couple clippings, you put them under light covered by plastic and dipped in moist soy in a cup with root vitamin. They also have kits for this process at hydro stores. In 2 weeks with 24 hour lighting, the clones will root. That's when you carefully mix the right soil components and plant them under at least 100 watt light. A good light will cost anywhere from 100 US dollars to 300$. Growing inside allows you to manipulate the process and speed it up. For at least a couple of weeks you put the lights on for 24 hours to grow the plants large. Always keep a fan on them to help make them sturdy and give them fresh air. An CO2 tank helps a lot. Also souround them in white or some kinda reflective material. When you switch them to 12 hours cycles, it triggers the budding cycle that can last around 2 months but varies from one strain to the next. Finally, when done, clipp, trim, and hang for a week to dry. Unless you plan to do it right and know how to get the right strain, I suggest not doing it. Go to a grow shop and pretend you want to grow peppers to make your own hot sauce or something and they will give you directions. I would personnally stick to soil and avoid hydro initially.
  • Options
    Yes if your just fooling around for a little trial and error fun at low cost and little effort I agree with M. roll. Get a little experience that way and see what you think. Around here and throughout college you had people that drank nasty low budget beer and smoked commercialized pot grown quickly, outdoors, and in mass quantities. Then you had people that drank micro brewed beers and only smoked kind bud which never had seeds b/c its all grown indoor with special care and males are eliminated(price difference for a 1/4 ounce is 30$ commercial to 100$ kindbud). When that's what your use to it makes it rather meanless to produce stuff below your standards. If you go my route you will need to invest, have an initial connection for cloning, and have some guidance but you will be rewarded if you do it correctly. If you just want to experiment or goof around with it and any free weed is good weed then go the other route. I just don't smoke crap and have no desire to grow it.
  • Options
    yeah ok im still going for it wen i move out.

just a question what is "commercial" because i got some commercial weed once and it was shit? does it have anything to do with the male plant?
  • Options
    Once when people I knew recieved two clones, they grew them and began to bud them. They were 2 different strains. Once the budding cycle started one turned out to be a male. It fucked up all the closest females of the other strain giving them seeds, making them real leafy and much less potent. The plants further away turned out smellier, better looking, bigger, and more potent. When I refer to commercialized pot I just mean generic massively grown out doors from places like Jamaica and Mexico. Kind bud has been carefully and genetically planned out and grown under stricly controlled conditions to produce the best and the best usually doesn't have seeds and therefore is not male. If you go to Amsterdam, I'm sure you won't find any seeds.
  • Options
    For anyone in the UK (or Europe) looking to grow - all the expert advice is available on the growing forums at;

www.UK420.com

(or via their link on my links page - if that doesn't work).

Needless to say seeds & growbooks are available not from WHSmith, but a similiar sounding operation:D

Latest threat of legal action: VW Motors & F*ck ‘hem!
    read more at; http://www.whspliff.net/VWmotors.html
  • Options
    I was just looking at it from my point of view M roll. B/c I don't smoke seedy pot and none of my friends do, there is no market for it sale and not a personal use worth all the effort. It reall ydepends on what your looking for. I would reccomend clones if you have access to it though rather than seeds and a light can be bought for 100 dollars or 65 pounds. Accompanied with a fan and you got a good start
  • Options
    OMG, it feels well good to be back! and theres so many new names! oh well,
    try www.wellcoolstuff.com you can buy seeds and grow guides and i think they have a guide of their own for you to read on the site.:p
  • Options
    See the pluf for wellcoolstuff, so feel ok mentioning that seeds & grow books are also available from www.WHSpliff.net

:D