Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

love sucks!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys! how do you mend a broken heart? I've finally realised that this guy who I really like and trust doesnt want a relationship all he wants it casual sex and thats really what I'm into! Whats wrong with me? Why does this all have to suck so much? Why cant it be simple because I know he feels the same about me as I do about him. I guess its just a case of wrong place and wrong time thing!!! Maybe I should talk to him, find out where I stand but I'm scared of finding out the truth!! What do you all think?:( :(:(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry but i'm battling to decipher your post. Are you being sarcastic when you say that you're also into casual sex like he is? Or are you being serious? If you both feel the same, then why is it a case of wrong place wrong time? Why not just talk to him...sometimes it's the best way to find out what he really thinks ;)
    Re: love sucks!!!
    Originally posted by inocent
    Hi guys! how do you mend a broken heart? I've finally realised that this guy who I really like and trust doesnt want a relationship all he wants it casual sex and thats really what I'm into! Whats wrong with me? Why does this all have to suck so much? Why cant it be simple because I know he feels the same about me as I do about him. I guess its just a case of wrong place and wrong time thing!!! Maybe I should talk to him, find out where I stand but I'm scared of finding out the truth!! What do you all think?:( :(:(

I'm assuming you meant that you are NOT into just casual sex... ?

If he does feel the same way about you, but does not want to acknowledge it, or does not want the responsibility of a relationship, he is not worth your time. If he values you as a friend he should not demand casual sex especially if you're not comfortable with that kind of arrangement.

It would be best to talk to him, even if you are afraid of finding out the truth. The truth can be scary at times, but if you let things fester, it will only get worse. It's best to put all of the cards on the table to begin with and move on from there. You may find out why he is so averse to having a relationship if he really does care about you, and I've found that it helps a bit to understand, even if it doesn't completely eradicate the pain.

Best of luck. Talk to him. :)
    thanks Scarlet I know talking to him is all I can do really! And no I'm not into casual sex!!! I think hes actually afraid of getting into a relationship, well a serious one anyway and I'd love a retationship with him but not a really serious one where I expect marrage and babies! I think hes afraid thats what I'm looking for cause he used to go out with an old friend and thats all shes interested in!
    He might well be afraid of commitment. But as Scarlet said, you'll have to discuss with him your issues.

If he likes you, he'll understand, if he doesn't understand, then leave him. It's heartbreaking stuff, but sometimes we just need to realise, not always are our partners as serious as we maybe are.

Don't worry honey, it'll be okay. :)
    I dont really understand the question! :confused:
    Originally posted by becky_boop
    I dont really understand the question! :confused:

Then perhaps it would be better not to post, or to post on something you do understand. People post here for help, not for others to just raise their post-count.
    ahh this happens a lot. the problem is its unlikely you can change him....a lot of the times its not taht theyre afraid of a relationship but just do not wnat to get tied down..they wnat as much as they can before they settle for somone. try to forget about him. i know its hard. its very hard believe me...but just try and ignore him if he comes onto you otherwise your heart will only be broken.
    I'm confused wether u want casual sex or if u love him or both?
    simple answer

Silence helps noone, the only way ur gona get an answer to ur questions and know where u stand is to ask him!