Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hellooo

i recently started on the pill it was microgynol 30 or something and it it made me bleed for the full 21 days of the packet. i went to the doctors and she changed it to logynon and says the bleeding should stop and it hasnt i have been taking this one for 5 days now and its still the same. I dont no what to do, i cant get another doctors appointment for 2 weeks and i dont no if the best thing to do is stop taking it? i am going abroad in 3 weeks and need it to stop before then it will hate it if i am still bleeding!! it feels aweful bleeding for this long its making me feel something wrong is going on in there.. but i am worrying if i stop take it i will still bleed while my body gets back to normal? god this is so annoying.. hope someone can be of help as its driving me crazyyy!!!!!!

Thanks x:)

Comments

• Options
    The only thing you can do right now is come off it and hope for the best. I can't see any other way of solving the problem - if you could have seen a GP before your holiday, you could've asked for Norethisterone which stops your periods, but it seems you're too late to see a doctor. Again, stopping the pill is the only option I can see....
  • Options
    Only thing I can think of is to come off it in the mean time.

Can you really not get a GP appointment in the next fortnight? I believe they have to see you in a certain number of days.

If you can't see the GP it would be worth seeing if you can see the practise nurse, they may be able to help (and if they can't then can often get a quick word with the GP for advice).
  • Options
    The only thing you can do right now is come off it and hope for the best. I can't see any other way of solving the problem - if you could have seen a GP before your holiday, you could've asked for Norethisterone which stops your periods, but it seems you're too late to see a doctor. Again, stopping the pill is the only option I can see....

yeah i think thats what i am guna have to do and hope for the best.. its bloody hopeless honestly they cant fit you in for weeks at my doctors.. i am so sick its a month tommorow the bleeding has been happening for i have never new anything like it!!! also its giving me the worst migraines ever...

cheers for your help:thumb:
  • Options
    Only thing I can think of is to come off it in the mean time.

Can you really not get a GP appointment in the next fortnight? I believe they have to see you in a certain number of days.

If you can't see the GP it would be worth seeing if you can see the practise nurse, they may be able to help (and if they can't then can often get a quick word with the GP for advice).

yeah my doctors is hopeless.. its put 3 surgerys into one so you have to wait forever.. best option imo is stopping it as of 2moro and hope for the best.. i will be ready to commit if i its still happening for my holiday

cheers againn ;)