Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Great North Run - running shoes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Where's the best palce to get running shoes from?
I want to pasy as little as possible.
I'm running it next year?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Im supposed to be doing it this year, but depends when my training for new job starts and has gaps etc
  • Options
    Depends on what you are after and what to spend.

A proper dedicated shop selling running shoes is the best place to try however place like Sports World; JJB; JD [I think] and maybe local smaller sports shops or shoe shops might be worth trying.

You can get a pair of Nike Adidas or Reebok for the likes of £27.99 and those will do the job quite fine for you if that's all you are looking for.

Out of the 3 top brand names I recommend Nike and Adidas for comfort. If you can afford it though try and get Aasics. Great level of comfort and you can pick then up for decent prices if you look in the right place.
  • Options
    I was supposed to be doing the BUPA half marathon run this year, but I got turned down.

Turned down...

By charity.

I was not a happy bunny.

Good luck with your Great North jogathon though. Hopefully you at least get past the starting post - you'll have beaten me.
  • Options
    asics..by far the best running shoe. just go to any decent sports shop/running shop and youl find a pair.
  • Options
    I have a place on the great north run, that is my own place, but wont be able to use it!
  • Options
    Holy crap its not that long till the 5th of october :S
  • Options
    Out of interest, how long before the run do you usually get your running number and timing chip etc?