Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How to make original chocolate crunch?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been looking on the net but it doesn't seem quite right, as I remember from school it had a rough texture and was quite hard and was sprinkled with sugar and served with custard.

Comments

• Options
    i have no idea what youre talking about
  • Options
    Or me lol
  • Options
    do you mean this?

http://www.jamieoliver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27269

we used to call it ozzy or australian crunch at my school, i loved it, never had it with custard though.
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    Or me lol

Read the title again.....^^^

FF, thats not the one, this looks like it:

recipe14%20chocoslice.jpg

People seem to make it different to how a few of us had it school, I think I have found the real deal now though.
  • Options
    do you mean this?

http://www.jamieoliver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27269

we used to call it ozzy or australian crunch at my school, i loved it, never had it with custard though.

Wow just remembered that, it had coconut in or something? Ahh I loved it, I'm going to make some!!
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    Wow just remembered that, it had coconut in or something? Ahh I loved it, I'm going to make some!!

yeah i reckon im gonna give it a go too! :D they sell it at my local bakery but the chocolate isnt that nice. there are 3 recipes on that site though (iv only just realised there is a second page to that thread hehe) so which one to try, hmm.
  • Options
    we used to have them. not with custard though. they were nice when they were still warm but you could see the congealed fat on the bottom!! yuck!