Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Female Sex Problem - Please Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is really hard for me to say this but I need help I've got this problem I think it's called vaginmus but it's effecting me really badly. I have a close knit group of friends and can usually talk to them about anything but I try to bring this up but I can't talk about it.

I'm seeing someone and we haven't had sex yet but I want to and so does he but I literally can't it's like I tense up without wanting to. I have had sex before a few times (but I've always been drunk when this has happened) but whenever I've tried since it doesn't happen.

It's really embarrassing because I'm single and I like going out with different men and having a good time but there's only a certain ammount of excuses I can make.

I don't know what to do I know I should go to my GP but I'm not sure how I would bring it up and I am really embarrassed :(

Is there anything I can do to relax or any type of medication I can take? Has anyone else experienced this before?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's no real need to be embarrassed. GPs face sexual problems from patients all the time, so to them it's a normal part of the job.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    tiger eyes wrote: »

I don't know what to do I know I should go to my GP but I'm not sure how I would bring it up and I am really embarrassed :(

Guessing as you talk about GP you might be in the UK - if so, instead of going to your own GP see if there is an NHS walk-in centre near you - go to website http://www.nhs.uk/servicedirectories/Pages/ServiceSearch.aspx then select walk-in centres and enter your postcode to check.