Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I really dislike my parents

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I suggest you look at threads in health and relationships, watch the news etc..

everyone else has it easy.
    omg deja vu
    i don't see how I'm wrong. can someone show me how?
    ilipintt wrote: »
    i don't see how I'm wrong. can someone show me how?

You're just searching for a reaction, aren't you?
    ilipintt, it does seem like you're looking for users here to react to what you're posting, if only to have people criticise you the way you describe other people reacting to you in your daily life. It isn't a particularly fair thing to do and isn't something that can really continue for a long time.

For now it isn't really enough of a reason to close this thread but I certainly don't see any value in keeping a thread open just to make you feel worse about yourself. However, closing a thread where someone is looking for help would only be done with a heavy heart so please think about what you're posting. At the very least I think people would benefit from you expanding on any idea that you were simply about to repeat.

So, open for now, but not necessarily for long - as there's plenty of advice available earlier in the thread and I can't see you focusing on the most negative part of it being something that will be beneficial.

And, to make it clear, if you genuinely can't see that it's mistaken to believe you are the worst off human being in the world then it would be a good idea to phone one of the services like Saneline. It's not a perspective on life that anyone else can change, it's you that needs to take the steps to discover why life is more complicated for everyone than you currently perceive. That's something that small steps like phoning a service can help.
    i want a normal life of everyone else but something sinister is stopping me.
    Dear Wendy wrote: »
    You're just searching for a reaction, aren't you?

how? it seems everyone one else has things easy and i want it too.
    nelly_bar wrote: »
    How can you define normal?

being a normal person. everyone else is so I want to be too.
    Everyone else most certainly does NOT have it easy, and if you go around with such a victim mentality, it's not going to help.
    what is a victim mentality?
    a victim mentality is the sort of mentality where you feel like youre a victim all the time, even if youre not. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy

You could have googled that, just like you can google self fulfilling prophecy in case you ask :)
    i want a normal life of everyone else but something sinister is stopping me.

Personally, I think the only thing stopping you is yourself.

*awaits more excuses*
    a victim mentality is the sort of mentality where you feel like youre a victim all the time, even if youre not. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy

You could have googled that, just like you can google self fulfilling prophecy in case you ask :)

why is that a bad thing?
    why is that a bad thing?

Because if you're the victim all the time, the world is against you and nothing is ever your fault... you're never going to go anywhere. Hence a bad thing.

I'm beginning to thing you're a bit of an idiot.
    g_angel wrote: »
    Because if you're the victim all the time, the world is against you and nothing is ever your fault... you're never going to go anywhere. Hence a bad thing.

ok.
    I'm beginning to thing you're a bit of an idiot.

why?
    Everyone else most certainly does NOT have it easy,

Yes they do. Everyone here does for example.
    Seriously, find yourself a new interest rather than trying to piss people off online. It's sad.
    how am i trying to piss people off? everyone else has a normal life and I want one too.

why?

I think it is self evident. See below.

Yes they do. Everyone here does for example.

Go into the self harm thread in health. Read that. Come back and tell me about everybody on here having it easy you ignorant fool. :mad:
    how am i trying to piss people off? everyone else has a normal life and I want one too.

Define 'normal'. I can guarantee that many people on here don't fall under that.

You won't get anywhere without helping yourself. Excuses, which you seem to make a lot, aren't helping yourself.
    im really getting some deja vu here to a previously banned poster
    Guys, I reckon we should accept the fact that loads of good advice has been given to ilipintt...they're choosing not to take any of it on board...so we may as well just move on. People have to want to change before they can change. We've done our best to help but it's obviously not sinking in in this case...not much more we can do *shrugs*
    how do you know everyone here has it easy. What makes you say that?
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Guys, I reckon we should accept the fact that loads of good advice has been given to ilipintt...they're choosing not to take any of it on board...so we may as well just move on. People have to want to change before they can change. We've done our best to help but it's obviously not sinking in in this case...not much more we can do *shrugs*

:yes:
    how do you know everyone here has it easy. What makes you say that?

everyone here goes out a lot and only has to care about rows with their partners.
    everyone here goes out a lot and only has to care about rows with their partners.

You really are a tool.

Did you even read this: http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php?t=33791

youre wrong.
    Oh for heaven's sake.....

You've hit your twenties, you're working, so what's stopping you from moving out if it's so bad where you live? All you do is sit there and blame the rest of the world when everything goes wrong.

By no means am I suggesting your parents or indeed anyone elses are free of blame, because after all they're human just like you and me. We argue with our parents, that's what happens. I ague with mine too, sometimes it gets very heated. Just the same as we argue with our partners and whatnot.

Whether or not the problem is your inability to communicate effectively with your folks for whatever reason, you've hardly endeared yourself here, and you've just made yourself sound like a spoilt brat.
    ilipintt - the only person that can help you is youself. if you have problems, you have to help yourself; no-one can do that. And this is coming from someone who relied on someone else (a friend) to help them whenever they were having problems with their self harm.

do they?
    *snort*

I wish that was all I had to care about. I agree with g_angel, read the Depression and Self-Harming thread. Maybe it will knock some damned sense into you.

Incidentally, I don't go out a lot. I go out once in a blue moon. Not through choice, either.
    Melian wrote: »
    ilipintt - the only person that can help you is youself. if you have problems, you have to help yourself; no-one can do that. And this is coming from someone who relied on someone else (a friend) to help them whenever they were having problems with their self harm.

i know a person has to help themselves. that's what im doing.
    do they?

yes. because they are normal and i want to be normal too.
This discussion has been closed.