Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I really dislike my parents

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't really care how bad that sounds.

I have to do work that's beneath me and for talentless people, in my 20's and never had a boyfriend, have few friends, have to see some dopey psychiatrist who knows jack about the society he lives in, all because of them. I know this sounds might whiny and even infantile or babyish but they never care for my needs emotionally. If I tell them something bothers me, they always tell me to "that's the way it is" and then complain that I never confide in them. They complain that I'm a handful and send me to some dipshit doctor and it is them who is making me a handful. How would they handle never being allowed to vent, or having their problems dismissed all the while?

And you know what? It all boils down to SMALL O.75" TINY MINISCULE PUNY PATHETIC MICROSCOPIC PENIS JEALOUSY. They simply lack the balls to hack through life and expect others to compensate for them and think that I should somehow sacrifice for them because of this. Well, fuck them. If they can't fulfil their role as parents and not care for her needs in life, then I see little reason to accomodate them.

Comments

• Options
    some people are just emotionally retarded. It sucks when its people we rely on to be there for us. I hope you manage to find a better psychiatrist who you relate to more soon.
  • Options
    i think you need to step back a little and stop thinking about yourself so much; that other people arent obliged to have to understand you. Once you realise this, only then can you have meaningful relationship with others. nuff said.
  • Options
    you must admit its good if your parents and your psychiatrist at least try to though?
  • Options
    Do you have any serious issues / disabilities ? If not if you're in your 20s, you could always, y'know, move out..?
  • Options
    I see a Girl, Interrupted.
  • Options
    tinkler wrote: »
    Do you have any serious issues / disabilities ? If not if you're in your 20s, you could always, y'know, move out..?

:yes:
  • Options
    Ever wondered if its you thats the problem?
  • Options
    icey wrote: »

i love how supportive this board is to people with problems. its so heartwarming
  • Options
    I think by the time you're in your 20s, it's time to be independent and not blame every problem in your life on your parents. Is there anything stopping you moving away, getting a new job, studying, doing anything to be your own person?
  • Options
    No I can't afford it.

Why?
  • Options
    If your solution is to complain and blame others for everything you don't like about your life, rather than take action to change it, nothing is going to improve.
  • Options
    Ok.
  • Options
    i love how supportive this board is to people with problems. its so heartwarming
    Well look at what the information the op has given us:
    mid 20's
    Has a higher opinion of herself than aparently her employers do
    Not many friends
    visits pyschiatrist at the request of her parents

Now correct me if im wrong here but not many parents would send their kids to a professional for help if they didn't care about them.
    Not many friends/boyfriend? ....why not?
    I have to do work that's beneath me and for talentless people
    To the op: out of interest, what do you work as?
    and if you dislike your job that badly why not try and get another?

The original post to me reads as though there are a number of problems/issues around and her parents are trying best they can to help but its getting thrown back in their faces!
  • Options
    I work as an office admin but I know I have the talent to do more.

And I have no friends because of my personality.
  • Options
    Maybe you could do some full time volunteering, CSV provide you with accommodation so you could move away from home and meet new people and learn new skills. Just an idea.
  • Options
    OK i'd look into it.
  • Options
    ilipintt wrote: »
    I work as an office admin but I know I have the talent to do more.
    Then do it! You still live with your parents so you have that backing..whats stopping you finding a career you prefer? You already have a job so at least that'll keep money coming in, just research and apply to other jobs you like the sound of
    I have no friends because of my personality.
    Sounds like you're putting yourself down a bit here..whats wrong with your personality? (in your opinion)
  • Options
    I'm too pedantic and not sexy and lively enough. It always seems to turn other people off.
  • Options
    Everyone goes for different things. Not everyone wants friends who are super lively, it's nice to have people who are chilled out and organised at times. Anyone can pick out negative aspects of their personality, but I'm sure there are positive things as well. :)
  • Options
    I just seems that everywhere I go, people find me repellent and I reckon it must be my personality. I even try and chat to people on the internet and after a while they don't reply, so maybe I'm just boring, dull or unsexy or something.
  • Options
    do you have aspergers?
  • Options
    Have you ever talked to your psych about your self esteem and self perception issues? Or if you are not comfortable with the one you have, finding a different one and confronting this? Having the thoughts and feelings that you seem to do about yourself can hinder your life in so many ways, without you even realizing it, most likely. Not only does it cause the stress and sadness of having few friends, the general thoughts you have, but having that constant stress and fear can project itself onto many other aspects of your life.
  • Options
    Don't worry about not having a boyfriend right now. Many people your age don't have one either.

Also, I work on trying to make friends before etting a boyfriend.
  • Options
    No I can't afford it.
    I never understand people who work in their 20s saying they can't afford to move out instead of still living with their parents. People live out at university paying £5-7k a year outside London. Go rent a place with some other people and it can be like £70/week rent including bills outside London, that's £3.6k a year, whereas a minimum wage job would get you £8-9k a year, something doesn't add up...
  • Options
    I just seems that everywhere I go, people find me repellent and I reckon it must be my personality. I even try and chat to people on the internet and after a while they don't reply, so maybe I'm just boring, dull or unsexy or something.
    Well just from the few lines I've seen you write here you seem unbelievably rude and ungrateful.... how about saying "thank you" to Katchika's advice rather than "OK" for example?
  • Options
    tinkler wrote: »
    Well just from the few lines I've seen you write here you seem unbelievably rude and ungrateful.... how about saying "thank you" to Katchika's advice rather than "OK" for example?
    Thats a bit unfair..the first post sure, the word ungrateful crossed my mind also. But newer posts than this would suggest otherwise.
  • Options
    See living with your parents as a benefit. If I didn't live with my parents, I wouldn't be able to do my flexible job which is only 35 hours a week, and I wouldn't then be able to volunteer at the local college to get experience in what I really want to do. I also wouldn't be able to save enough money for a flight to where I want to do it, the course fees and a month's living costs. So look on the bright side of living with them and take advantage while you can.

Tinkler, I agree that it's technically possible (although a recent study said that realistically, single people need about £13k to live on), but it's a pretty shit way to live. There's also the initial costs of moving anywhere. If you want to live in another town, there's moving costs, security deposits, the first month's rent, and a whole host of other things to pay for. And like I said, it's difficult to try and get experience doing anything else if your entire life is dedicated to paying the rent and bills.
  • Options
    Have you ever talked to your psych about your self esteem and self perception issues? Or if you are not comfortable with the one you have, finding a different one and confronting this? Having the thoughts and feelings that you seem to do about yourself can hinder your life in so many ways, without you even realizing it, most likely. Not only does it cause the stress and sadness of having few friends, the general thoughts you have, but having that constant stress and fear can project itself onto many other aspects of your life.

Thanks a lot for your advice. I appreciate it a lot.
  • Options
    do you have aspergers?

why do you ask?
  • Options
    Tinkler, I agree that it's technically possible (although a recent study said that realistically, single people need about £13k to live on), but it's a pretty shit way to live.
    That survey was bollox.. I've had a comfortable life in London for a few years as a student paying well less than that. Living a student lifestyle - spending £6-7k/yr outside London renting a house with flatmates, eating OK, going out fine, a European holiday etc, I wouldn't say is a "pretty shit way to live" - surely beats living with your parents if you dislike them.
This discussion has been closed.