Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

that stupid and he wants to run the country

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
David Cameron had his bike stolen: Now I'm almost concinced that he wanted it stolen for the publicity because.

1) he was that STUPID that he actually bothered to atach it to a bollard which for all practical purposes is as good as leaving it standing by the wall,

2) He obviously (assuming he was not totaly dumb and not realizing how easy it was to nick) underestimated the risk of it being stolen which in the terms of the office he holds means not having a clue of what the current crime rate is not a good thing for an aspiring prime minister

3) he is that stupid that he goes and makes a fuss about it (plays the victim) when it really looks like he went looking for it to be stolen

so yea I'd almost say he wanted it taken for publicity and is that much of an idiot that he dosen't realize that its the wrong kind of publicity

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not a big fan of the bloke but why the assumptions?
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of the bloke but why the assumptions?
    Exactly.

The guy had his bike stolen, and just because he is a politician that makes him stupid?
    Someone else stole his bike and HE is stupid?

That's what I thought. Thousands of people get stuff stolen every day, does that make them stupid?
    well in all the years I've used a bike I've never had one stollen then again I don't leave it locked round a bollard had they cut the lock well thats different no matter where he put it it would not have made much difference but to lock it to a bollard well

you mean his bike is worthless or something ?
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    This new article states that he had it locked.

You are jumping to conclusions and are trying to your hardest to deface him. Poor bloke just had his bike stolen, like hundreds of people each day (who, I assume, lock their bikes also). Give him a little bit of a break.
    Boris Johnson has had his bike stolen on 7 seperate occasions. Now that's stupid.
    This is the guy who though Eton Rifles was a great knees-up tune from his childhood, mind.
    I've never had one stollen
    Here ya go:
    German%20stollen2.jpg
    Boris Johnson has had his bike stolen on 7 seperate occasions. Now that's stupid.

Nah, just says he cycles in London. I gave up after I had about three bikes stolen from outside the Tube (obviously not all at once)
    You've obviously been very lucky. Just because it hasn't happened to you it doesn't mean the people it does happen to are stupid.
    Well he's certainly got my vote now. I was a bit unsure before but that settles it. :thumb:
    Steve87 wrote: »
    This is the guy who though Eton Rifles was a great knees-up tune from his childhood, mind.

And by that, you mean .... what? :confused:
    wonder if they will hold the bike ransom
    well the BBC radio news reported exactly that he locked it to a bollard and that it was lifted off.

as the article states http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7523144.stm

it was also reported that a car carry's his briefcase in effect not making it a green thing at all it just trys to get sympathy with us
    kind of reminds me of this picture
    it was also reported that a car carry's his briefcase in effect not making it a green thing at all it just trys to get sympathy with us

Dude, now you are clutching at straws. That incident was ages ago ... and had nothing to do with this bike theft incident.
    I reckon the Tories are allowing their bikes to be stolen to artificially inflate crime figures to damage the government :naughty:
    well the BBC radio news reported exactly that he locked it to a bollard and that it was lifted off.

as the article states http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7523144.stm

Maybe he does it because it's quicker and healthier than having a car ferrying you about in central London?
    Aladdin wrote: »
    I reckon the Tories are allowing their bikes to be stolen to artificially inflate crime figures to damage the government :naughty:

:D
    Teagan wrote: »
    And by that, you mean .... what? :confused:

He said Eton Rifles was one of his favourite songs..... despite the fact that he obvuously came from Eton himself and the song was about class warfare. There might be a few articles somewhere on the matter, but I don't need to prove the stupidity of someone who can't be arsed to lock their bike properly, eh?
    Steve87 wrote: »
    He said Eton Rifles was one of his favourite songs..... despite the fact that he obvuously came from Eton himself and the song was about class warfare. There might be a few articles somewhere on the matter, but I don't need to prove the stupidity of someone who can't be arsed to lock their bike properly, eh?

And? perhaps he's just intelligent enough to seperate a song from the politics it represents. I like lots of songs and musicians who's politics I don't agree with.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Here ya go:
    German%20stollen2.jpg
    Tasty.
    How about chastising the thief instead of the victim next time?
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Coming up next week - the car that followed Mr Cameron as he cycled to work is nicked too. :p
    no matter how annyoing gordon brown is, i actually hate cameron more, he seems like a smug git

I saw flicking through my stepdad's copy of The Sun last night, and I saw a picture of the front of this supermarket with David Cameron looking annoyed outside it.

There was nothing to chain his bike to except for the bollards. I suppose you'd rather he chained it to nothing?
    And? perhaps he's just intelligent enough to seperate a song from the politics it represents. I like lots of songs and musicians who's politics I don't agree with.

Tbh, I think it's naive to believe that anything that comes out of Cameron's mouth hasn't been carefully screened for possible political implications. When he says that his favourite song is Eton Rifles, I don't take that as a musical recommendation, I wonder what sort of image he's trying to portray by saying that. To me, it's just another example of Cameron trying desperately to connect with people who would never usually vote Conservative.
    Franki wrote: »
    There was nothing to chain his bike to except for the bollards. I suppose you'd rather he chained it to nothing?

There's always something to chain your bike to at the supermarket. The place they keep the trolleys for a start.