Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sega Mega Drive Reprive

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

Does anyone know when this is released or where I could get one? I was a sonic addict when I was a kid!!!
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a112456/sega-mega-drive-console-to-be-revived.html

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    abbreviate emulator into three letters then put that and "russia" into google.

saves you a few quid.
    huh?
    my weee brain is pickled doesn't take much!!
    I needmy bed!!
    You can get most of those games and a couple more on this.
    streets of rage, sonic the hedgehog, golden axe, all sorts like it are on xbox live.....good stuff.
    I was a Megadrive kid as well, more Sonic than Mario! I liked Sonic II and Probotector. Question for you guys though, every time I search Probotector on the net (and I've been searching it since 1999), all I get is "Contra". The nearest I got was Probotector for the SNES, but I can assure you that I played it on the Megadrive too.
    Monserrat wrote: »
    I was a Megadrive kid as well, more Sonic than Mario! I liked Sonic II and Probotector. Question for you guys though, every time I search Probotector on the net (and I've been searching it since 1999), all I get is "Contra". The nearest I got was Probotector for the SNES, but I can assure you that I played it on the Megadrive too.

Probotector was the UK/European name for Contra. At least for the sequels.

There was a Genesis release of Probotector but it was called Contra: Hard Corps or something, so there might have been a Megadrive Probotector.
    Wisecrack wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know when this is released or where I could get one? I was a sonic addict when I was a kid!!!
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a112456/sega-mega-drive-console-to-be-revived.html

Thanks for you help, I was really meaning do you know when the new consol game is released that the link talks about
    Wisecrack wrote: »
    Thanks for you help, I was really meaning do you know when the new consol game is released that the link talks about

The end of August.
    Thanks for the heads up on Probotector.
    Im waiting for xbox to bring put Duke Nukem total meltdown onto the marketplace.:thumb: :D

Come get some!!!:razz:
    The end of August.

Thanks
    DO you know where you can get it or pre order?
    Stary Eyes wrote: »
    Thanks
    DO you know where you can get it or pre order?

If you're willing to import, Play Asia have it in stock. It's the American version but that shouldn't be an issue. I can't find it on pre-order in Britain.

If you want to play more than those 20 games, you might be better with this. You'd need an power adapter thing though.