Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Group Holidays

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Long story short, I broke up with my boyfriend and realised I actually have friends lol.

So at the moment there's a group of 4 girls and 1 guy (this will probably grow) and we're going to book a summer holiday for 2009. The problem is we have NO idea on where to go.

Age wise, we are mostly 19, except one 22 year old lol. We aren't too bothered where we go as long as it's warm, and we're near a nice beach.....preferably with other young lads nearby lol!

Please somebody...suggest somewhere....before I strangle them all for not having any ideas lol!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You dont really need that many suggestions..just the obvious places will get mentioned over and over again so to save time this is about the list + a few more probably:

ibiza
    malia
    zante
    kos
    aiya napa
    malaga
    magaluf

All your typical drunken holiday antics places...
  • Options
    Lol I know, The thing is.....our group aren't really mad party raving kinda people

One girl doesn't drink at all! We want somewhere that's not gunna be filled with raving loonies trying to get laid, but somewhere not too quite, Can't really go Kos cos some of them went there this year lol!
  • Options
    Tenerief? Was a bit too quiet for my liking but it depends which end you go to, reckon you could get a decent group hol out of it....buy there is always a chance it could be too quiet and you could be the only 'young'uns' around
  • Options
    Icey's list is good, but you missed out KAVOS! Kavos is similar to Malia and Zante, whereas Kos is slightly tamer, still good though apparantly.

I was in Kavos last summer, best 2 weeks of my life. :thumb:
  • Options
    go to ibiza, kavos is shit
  • Options
    In your opinion.

Obviously Ibiza is the daddy, but it's also very expensive. It depends what you're after, Ibiza's for the more serious clubbers whereas Kavos is great for a longer cheesy, cheap as chips group holiday.
  • Options
    In a word........MALIA!!!

Best week of my life. Loved every minute of it!
  • Options
    How about Tarifa in Spain - or Essouria in Morrocco - both have a laid back kind of a vibe with lovely beaches and surfing. I dunno how much you want to spend but you could probably rent out a house on the beach or inland with a pool.

ETA i found this which is beautiful if you can get some more people to go with you and cheap at under £30 per person per night. There are some smaller appartments in the main town on that site as well - plus things for Essouria
  • Options
    Well, I'm going to Amsterdam.

The best thing is, its holiday policy at my work that if you go away, you bring back cakes from wherever the hell you've fucked off to.

It's gonna be an interesting Monday morning when they see what I've got in store for them.

I'm also planning on going to Munich for Oktoberfest with a close bud. We don't have any accommodation. We're just gonna take our chances and see which field we land up in.

It's all good though. I've watched plenty of The Great Escape and I've got my hot spots covered.