Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

london trains/underground with a pushchair

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
next weekend i need to get from london liverpool st to battersea.
Does anyone know how ill do it? Which tube stations have disabled access

please help
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There are some tube maps that have disabled access stations marked on them.

Here's one although it doesn't have the back side which I believe had more detailed explanation of access. Hope that helps.
    Try a TfL search with advanced options. There's an option which says "I can't use stairs" in the advanced bit. I did do a search from Liverpool St to Battersea and it seems like it's mostly buses if you're ok with doing that :/.
    As long as you're not going in rush hour you are almost certain to find someone to help you up or down stairs if you have a push chair.

Rush hour might be a mad death scramble, but people on the Tube at other times are normally friendly.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Here's one although it doesn't have the back side which I believe had more detailed explanation of access. Hope that helps.

The back is available at - http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/tube-access-guide-index-0108.pdf

Suppose it depends where abouts in Battersea you need but you could always leave at Stratford instead of Liverpool Street, Jubilee to Waterloo and train to Queenstown Road Battersea, where there are some stairs I believe.
    yeah waterloo for QRB or victoria for battersea park....just try to avoid peak hours and you'll be fine.
    Thanks for that, we're going to battersea zoo. Im travelling from colchester on sunday and not all trains stop at stratford. Would it be easier if i got one that did do u think?
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Most trains do stop a Stratford, only a few don't. Might be, the whole thing is step free from leaving Colchester to arriving at Battersea. Plus you dont have to change at the tube itself.

Although is there not bus replacement between Colchester and Witham or somewhere?
    actually i think you might be right on a sunday. Thanks for that