Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Transferring

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I've got a conditional offer at uni to do Animal Biology, however I've been thinking for a while that I'd rather do the Zoo Biology course, it's pretty much the same thing except it focuses on exotic animals. It has the same entry requirements. Do you think they will let me transfer over now or will i have to wait until term starts and speak to them then? Are unis ok with you changing before you get there?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No harm in asking.
    I've emailed the admissions folk. I feel like a right pain though, first i moved forward a year and now I want to change my course. They're probably sick of me!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Plenty of people did it at my uni, either before starting or at the start of term in the first couple of weeks, I imagine it'll be alright.
    sounds like you'd be moving within the same department as well so that would make it even more likely to be ok.
    Yeah it's in the same department, and campus. It's more or less exactly the same degree except for a few modules. Entry requirements are the same. I've emailed them anyway.