Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ebay is shutting down!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well ok so maybe i may have exagerated the title some million degrees/completely made it up. Got your attention though didn't it! :razz:

Basically, i've cleared out my entire wardrobe, it was long over due but now its done!
A lot of the clothes im getting rid of are totally fine and have probably only been worn by me maybe once or twice (i was young[er] and had far too much disposable income, what can i say..) so I'd quite like to sell them.

Question is, how?

How would you guys suggest is the best way to go about shifting the lot?

Do i photo and list them all separately? which would both take a lot of time and probably cost a lot of money in listing fee's for very little return.

Or

Arrange them all together and take some photos of the lot and try and sell them as a job lot (would anyone really buy this?)

Or

Offer them all as a 'mystery box' - capture buyers imaginations and hopefully their wallets

Or

Something else?

Also, is ebay really the best way forward or is there some other route i should be taking? Opinions please!

ETA: I know some of you will probably suggest just giving them away to charity...unfortunately I am but a lowly student and thus could really do with the cash!

Comments

• Options
    icey wrote: »
    Or

Something else?

:yes:
  • Options
    Donate them to charity, theres someone somewhere that will benefit
  • Options
    How about grouping things?

For example all similiar-styled t-shirts together

then all jeans together

in sort of style groups. That way you are cutting down on the listing fee's and amount of adverts you are putting up but in the same way you are selling things which are likely of interest e.g. someone may be looking at your item only wanting some t-shirts but as it's a job lot with a load of other stuff then they'll ignore.
  • Options
    Donate them to charity, theres someone somewhere that will benefit
    See the original post.. The whole point of me selling them is because i need the money.
    *Ashley* wrote: »
    How about grouping things?
    I like this idea, i was thinking about grouping them into sporty and non-sporty but your idea sounds better..
  • Options
    I've got this problem with my babys old clothes, she has laods of brand new stuff that shes hardly worn! I've took vests and baby grows to the charity shop but I need to make some money!

I did think of ebay, but I put some stuff on to see if it will sell and some of it didnt sell.

I thnk Im gonna do a car boot, there is a big one every sunday so think we'll go there. My boyf has got some old books, and I've got some clothes that I can sell aswell.

Have you got enough to do a car boot?? If not then I suggest putting some items on ebay just to see if they sell.
  • Options
    we have a shop that sells your stuff on ebay for you for a percentage, maybe you've got one of those?

I know there are ladies dress agencies that sell good quality second hand designer-type gear for a percentage too, maybe there are mens versions? Or, if not, you could start one up as a little business?
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    we have a shop that sells your stuff on ebay for you for a percentage, maybe you've got one of those?
    Like on The 40-year old virgin? I thought that was a joke!
  • Options

There's one of those in Colchester. I laughed the first time I saw it.
  • Options
    None around here afaik unfortunately.:chin: I may just end up giving them to charity tbh, its just a lot of hassle for not much return