Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Been Physically Assaulted and need advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys

I needs some advice

basically I got assaulted by my work collegue at work we got in a heated argument outside work. he was being nasty towards me and he asked me if I have a problem and lets sorted outside. His comments really ticked me off and I swore at him and I said if you have an issue with me lets sorted outside the car and I said lets sort this out now outside. My other two work collegues had to carm us down. When we got outside the car. The collegue who was carming me down asked me how this happened.

I was telling him how it happened. The other guy who I was having an argument with came towards me and head butted me and broken my teeth. I had a witness by me at the time when this happened. I fell on the floor and he hit me again. With the force of his head butt his head started bleeding because he smashed his head right on the edge of my teeth.

I called the police stright away I have one witness who was right by me when he came towards me. They have taken my statement and everything. His out on bail at the moment.

His also claiming that I tried biting him which is a total lie. The police have not got back to me at all it has been 6 weeks.

I am wondering what is going to happen would he go to jail for this, would I get a coution or a warning and would this be on my record?

Can anyone advise me on this

Comments

• Options
    From the sounds of it it sounds like you're the victim. What exactly happened? Were you both fighting or did he just attack you? Anyway, I'm not a lawyer so can't advise you but purely based on what you've said it sounds like you're the victim and he's just going to blame you, but with witnesses, you calling the police, etc. (if he's on bail he's been charged as well, I think, so that implies they think he is guilty) I doubt you are going to get in any trouble and doubt it will be on your record.

But I'm not a lawyer :/ but someone will probably know who the right people to talk to are...
  • Options
    We were waiting for these guys so we can chill at lounch and I asked him just to check if they were in this place I already checked them in one room and he went off on one. I tried to laff it it but with his silly comments such as "look if you have a problem lets sort it out side and stuff" it really annoyed me. and I called him a d **K, Pri***k etc and when I got head butted I was talking to my other college because he wanted to know what happened and how this matter happened
  • Options
    We were waiting for these guys so we can chill at lounch and I asked him just to check if they were in this place I already checked them in one room and he went off on one. I tried to laff it it but with his silly comments such as "look if you have a problem lets sort it out side and stuff" it really annoyed me. and I called him a d **K, Pri***k etc and when I got head butted I was talking to my other collegue because he wanted to know what happened and how this matter happened.

I did not lay a finger on him or touch him even after he head butted me because I knew what he done was wrong. but his also lieing and claiming I tried to bite him which is a lie.

Im worried this incident would be on my record
  • Options
    The police haven't charged you which is a good sign. If they thought you were to blame, partially or fully, they'd have charged you too. If you don't get charged, prosecuted and convicted then you're just a victim in all of this, it wouldn't go on any criminal record.

The police are pretty lax at telling you what's happening, but a six-week delay isn't excessive. As to what sentence he gets, it depends on what he's been charged with, what he's convicted of and whether he pleads guilty or not. If he pleads guilty early it's likely he'll get community service, but you won't have to go to court and testify against him.

He will lie to try and get out of it. His only hope of getting off is by making it look like he was acting in self-defence.
  • Options
    Hi Kermit

Thank you for your advice:) . Your right the police havent called me back or anything. Ive tried phoning the ploice and find out whats going on they gave me an update and thats it really, but yeah thats what I thought that hopefully I shouldnt be accoused of anything because I did not hit him or start the fight.

Thank you kermit il keep you posted on anything that happense

:)
  • Options
    Also if you work with him I think its certainly appropriate to bring the matter to your bosses attention. Best of luck Steve!
  • Options
    I told the boss and his fired the guy and I quit work. I was gona quit anyway in about 3 weeks but with the state of my teeth I couldnt work.

Thank you Shyboy